Texas Fishing Forum

Squaw creek reservation question?

Posted By: Steve ZX20

Squaw creek reservation question? - 05/30/15 10:50 PM

I've never been to squaw creek and I made a reservation today. Still haven't received a conformation email. How long does it usually take to get a response?
Posted By: Chet

Re: Squaw creek reservation question? - 05/30/15 10:59 PM

I got one the first few times I went then none for many trips. It give you a conformation number when you got your day, you're fine.
Posted By: texashelms

Re: Squaw creek reservation question? - 05/30/15 11:11 PM

I never got a email either. I just took a screen shot of the conformation and called. They said you only need to tell them the conformation number at the gate.
Posted By: BlaiseWeimer

Re: Squaw creek reservation question? - 05/30/15 11:26 PM

I've never gotten an email.. You just need to know your reservation number!
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Squaw creek reservation question? - 05/31/15 12:41 AM

I always get one ok immediately. I doubt you have a problem getting in.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Squaw creek reservation question? - 05/31/15 01:22 AM

I always get one immediately also but no worries. You can show up without a reservation from now until next winter. No full dates anymore. Really!
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Squaw creek reservation question? - 05/31/15 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: 361V
I always get one immediately also but no worries. You can show up without a reservation from now until next winter. No full dates anymore. Really!

This....there were 14 boats when I went Friday
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Squaw creek reservation question? - 05/31/15 01:52 AM

You will be OK. Just go. And give us a report.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Squaw creek reservation question? - 05/31/15 02:25 AM

they are re-doing the system. They are still working out the bugs
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: Squaw creek reservation question? - 05/31/15 02:48 AM

I always just show up and they ask for my name and to see my license and that's it. They find me on the chart and I'm good to go.
Posted By: COHLMEYER

Re: Squaw creek reservation question? - 05/31/15 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: coachallentca
they are re-doing the system. They are still working out the bugs

This: and there are a lot of bugs... The new system doesn't even give you a confirmation number...
And didn't work for half the day Wednesday.

I did get an email within minutes of making a reservation earlier this week however.
Posted By: JWalls

Re: Squaw creek reservation question? - 05/31/15 12:48 PM

The new system does not use a conformation number. People are listed alphabetical by last name on sign in sheet. You should get an email fairly quickly. The email has a link to move your reservation or cancel it all together. You do not have to call in anymore to cancel a reservation. If those of you who did not get an email would send me a PM with your email address I will see if we can figure out the issue. Hotmail and Microsoft based emails have had some issue already. Thought they were resolved. Gmail has worked every time for me. I work at the plant and I am helping park and web personnel work through issues. We tried to reduce the amount of info you had to put in and you can make reservations much farther out now. Boat limit has been raised to 125. Trying to figure out how to handle no shows next. Hoping since it is easier to cancel reservation more will if they are not coming instead of just not showing up by taking up a spot someone else could use. Trying to get it all fixed this summer when only 25 boats or so are showing up a day. Also you can see how many spots are left with out filling in all of the info. The one day a weekend thing does not apply in summer and may go away all together. Most people who wanted to fish more that one day would have partner log in or mess with their license number and come anyway so I am asking them just to take it out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum