Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Grapevine

Posted By: Zach412

Lake Grapevine - 05/29/15 11:32 PM

I live in some apartments below the dam, just got an email from my complex saying the emergency spillway may be activated and the impact is unknown so they gave us a link to be alerted I guess when we need to seek higher ground...

Tried to drive over the dam and the road was blocked off and a cop was sitting there watching.

Anyone know anymore than I do??
Posted By: Scott in Flower Mound

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/29/15 11:43 PM

Zach,

I drove to one of my bank fishing spots just north of the dam, on the North side of Grapevine in Flower Mound. I tried fishing the banks in Murrell Park, but the water's edge is literally into the forested areas, so there's no real bank access from any of the bike trails or hiking paths. Had very little luck finding good fishing areas this evening. Kayakers have got it made, as that's the only thing I see getting out on Grapevine for a week or so.

I'd like to see the lake from the top of the dam, but unless I want to walk to it from the roundabouts on the north side (Griffis' Corner), I'm outta luck. It's barricaded.

Scott in Flower Mound
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/29/15 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Zach412

Anyone know anymore than I do??

Relocate
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/29/15 11:50 PM

The water is going to crest the spillway sometime this weekend. They're not expecting any large scale flooding so far, but keep your eye on the weather and the NWS. With at wet as it is, flooding could kick off at any time with just a little rain.

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/29/15 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: timwins31
The water is going to crest the spillway sometime this weekend. They're not expecting any large scale flooding so far, but keep your eye on the weather and the NWS. With at wet as it is, flooding could kick off at any time with just a little rain.

Are you in those apartments by that creek just North of Grapevine Mills? At first glance, I'd say you're fine. But as Timwins states, any more rain, and we could see a lot of water crest the spillway. And last time I checked, we've got a 65% chance of heavy thunderstorms between 1-4am in the morning.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/30/15 12:10 AM

You should put on your swim mask and snorkel while your watching TV just in case.
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/30/15 01:57 AM

This was at 3 this afternoon just prior to them closing the road.
Posted By: Zach412

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/30/15 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: 9094
You should put on your swim mask and snorkel while your watching TV just in case.

Haha I've got the wife blowing up floaties right now. I would use my self inflatable but I think there was a post a while back about those things not working... Don't wanna test my luck
Posted By: steelers

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/30/15 02:18 AM

Was there Thursday lots of snakes in the water.
Posted By: steelers

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/30/15 02:19 AM

Was there Thursday lots of snakes in the water.

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/30/15 01:18 PM

Well, this morning's rains likely pushed it over the spillway.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum