Texas Fishing Forum

The frog bite is ON

Posted By: Ryan McKillip

The frog bite is ON - 05/29/15 06:02 PM

Has anyone else been getting bit hard on croakers? This is by far the best early summer froggin' bite I've experienced. Must be all the new shoreline that has been flooded. A black pad Pad Crusher has been my go to lure these past few weeks, ever since it helped my partner and I take 1st for the west division in the THSBA championship on Tyler (2nd over-all). Monday I had a 5lber choke it on Fork, and I got bit all day long(Thanks cloud cover!). You can bet I'll be staying shallow until they move out to the points after that! I'm looking for new water to drag a frog across, can anyone help? Plus, if you've got a kayak, feel free to tag along!
Posted By: timwins31

Re: The frog bite is ON - 05/29/15 06:07 PM

That's all we could catch them on last week on GV. And they were hammering the frog.
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: The frog bite is ON - 05/29/15 06:30 PM

Been this way for over a month for me.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: The frog bite is ON - 05/29/15 06:31 PM

Frog bite is still decent on Fork but nothing like it was a few weeks ago. I think they've seen too many. I for one am done with shallow fishing for LMB until the fall. Mark Perry approves of this post.
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: The frog bite is ON - 05/29/15 07:01 PM

Shhhhhhhhh
Posted By: ChrisBlackmon95

Re: The frog bite is ON - 05/29/15 07:28 PM

Been like that for about a month or more in etx
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: The frog bite is ON - 05/29/15 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Frog bite is still decent on Fork but nothing like it was a few weeks ago. I think they've seen too many. I for one am done with shallow fishing for LMB until the fall. Mark Perry approves of this post.

Chris my frog bite at Fork is so erratic hollow body frog wise its sad right now.... roflmao ...I am however having much better luck with the RI Trixie Shark. It seems like I get more bites on that right now.
Posted By: ChrisBlackmon95

Re: The frog bite is ON - 05/29/15 09:43 PM

I've been just burnin it faster than normal and making a lot of casts and covering water. Spooks and magics workin well right now as well.
Posted By: James Weir

Re: The frog bite is ON - 05/30/15 03:13 AM

top water for me has been off and on.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum