Texas Fishing Forum

How Far Do Bass Travel?

Posted By: fouzman

How Far Do Bass Travel? - 05/29/15 12:32 PM

http://www.bassmaster.com/slideshow/how-far-bass-move-after-release

I've seen it asked and discussed here several times. Above is some scientific research on the subject. Pretty cool.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: How Far Do Bass Travel? - 05/29/15 12:40 PM

So it looks like the fish travel all over the place.

Some even pack their bags and vacate the lake.
Posted By: papamark

Re: How Far Do Bass Travel? - 05/29/15 01:17 PM

If I remember right, John Pope did a study on one at Lake Fork, put a transmitter on her after she was caught off a bed, took her to the other end of the lake and a couple of days later she was back on the same bed
Posted By: nwest10

Re: How Far Do Bass Travel? - 05/29/15 01:23 PM

Wish they would have tracked to see if they went back to the same areas they were caught in. Amazing how far they travel.
Posted By: srh0201

Re: How Far Do Bass Travel? - 05/29/15 01:36 PM

Pretty interesting read.

http://www.bassresource.com/fishing/hope_chronicles.html
Posted By: Lannie Robertson

Re: How Far Do Bass Travel? - 05/29/15 01:42 PM

Right now they traveling from PK to Whitney....bolt
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: How Far Do Bass Travel? - 05/29/15 02:09 PM

They Astro track
Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

Re: How Far Do Bass Travel? - 05/29/15 02:20 PM

I caught a 11.3 PB and let her go on the exact spot I caught her (after a little trip to marina for weight). A year and a half later she was caught in July on a trick worm, exact same area (within 10 yards) by a local lady angler. Friend saw the pic and knew the spot I caught mine, after looking at the pic I could tell it was the same fish. It weighed 11.8 in July. I caught her in March.

That's my only story. smile
Posted By: Okhissa2

Re: How Far Do Bass Travel? - 05/29/15 03:02 PM

It was pretty interesting to read about the Bass that won the Sealy Big Bass event 2 weeks ago was caught just 5 weeks before.. Both times she was caught in Housen Bay first time in 4 ft of water then in Big Bass out in 20 ft on a ledge.. She had lost alittle weight in between the catches as well.. Just nice to see she was took care of and healthy enough to bite again that soon..
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: How Far Do Bass Travel? - 05/29/15 03:58 PM

I wonder if they're traveling up into the flooded neighborhoods. I'll have to pitch a jig at all these submerged cars and mailboxes. I bet they're holding fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum