Texas Fishing Forum

Legend Boats

Posted By: Troutnout

Legend Boats - 05/27/15 01:36 AM

I've noticed that it looks extremely hard to sale Newer Legend boats in the clasSifieds. I know they have the best fit and finish I've seen.. Other than the narrow front deck are there any other reasons to not want one?
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 01:52 AM

My cousin has a 2013 and ive fished out of it alot, as you stated im not happy with narrow front deck either but I think they ride really good in rough water. I figure the narrow deck helps cut those swells. I love his boat though but my pockets don't run that deep. I don't think his do either lol No complaints! loco Check out the 20v
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 03:39 AM

The boat market is down for all boats right now from what I can see. Legend is a great boat so I don't think any specific reason other then that. I know some of the boats that I have seen that didn't sale well had odd colors. There are people who like the narrow decks so that is not it. just my .02
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 10:12 AM

I wouldnt say its down cause its not well atleast not for Phoenix anyways the section on BBC for Phoenix boats has dwindled down to nothing almost but I do agree on some is color choice some boats I see I cant believe the color choices especially know you are not going to keep it.
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 11:13 AM

when I had mine, I hated it because of the narrow front deck but other then that I loved it
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 01:20 PM

I've liked the one I've been in but havn't fished out of it but the once...

saw a new phoenix at fun and sun.... they are NICE...
Posted By: Forkfish

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 02:43 PM

The new V20 has alot to do with it. It is the pinnacle of bass boats IMO.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 02:47 PM

offtopic Which new bass boat has the LARGEST and WIDEST front deck for fishing?
the one Bill Wilcox uses on Honey Hole, sure seems to have a lot of room... IMO
God Bless
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 02:49 PM

what in the world is with people using "sale" instead of "sell" constantly on this website?

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Lee in Texas
offtopic Which new bass boat has the LARGEST and WIDEST front deck for fishing?
the one Bill Wilcox uses on Honey Hole, sure seems to have a lot of room... IMO
God Bless

that would be a nitro... idk if it actually measures largest...

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: 04champ
what in the world is with people using "sale" instead of "sell" constantly on this website?

Why do guys constantly get bent out of shape constantly on this website for little dumb things...
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 03:19 PM

Your welcome to frequent other sites. We don't need the grammar police "hear".
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 03:23 PM

Well I guess it depends on whether they are using nouns or verbs.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris B

Your welcome to frequent other sites. We don't need the grammar police "hear".

woot
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 04:12 PM

some people are like that, have nothing better to do
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 04:55 PM

I agree with Slade, since the V-20's hit the market last year many Legend owners that were running the older models are looking to move to the V-20.
The V-20 is an absolute awesome fishing machine and I would be willing to bet when I get ready to sell mine in 2016, it will not last long. bolt
Posted By: 67TexasTBend

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 05:09 PM

This is just my opinion, but I think when you're talking about newer boats that go on the market, most people want to pick out their own colors and options when they're spending that kind of money. These new "used" boats are still >$50K. The owners aren't going to give them away, so unless they are really great deals and someone is taking a significant loss, you may as well buy a brand new one. Again, it's just my opinion.
Posted By: Outdoor Therapy

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 05:20 PM

I looked at a V20, very nice boat. But, 65k for no electronics and no t motor?
Posted By: RW1984

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: lamoon78
I wouldnt say its down cause its not well at least not for Phoenix anyways the section on BBC for Phoenix boats has dwindled down to nothing almost but I do agree on some is color choice some boats I see I cant believe the color choices especially know you are not going to keep it.

Not trying to call you out, but I did a quick count of the active boats for sale on BBC and Phoenix has 42 and Legend has 41. I only thought to do this because these are both boats that I look at pretty often for my next purchase. Some of these may not actually be for sale still as I'm not sure people keep the mods up to date on that site.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 07:03 PM

My buddy has an Alpha 199 and the only things I don't like about it are: the storage in the back is small, not a very fast boat (excellent rough water ride though), front deck is narrow and wobbles when you move side to side. But that's just me. I don't see why they wouldn't really fast, except they have great resale value.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbass94
My buddy has an Alpha 199 and the only things I don't like about it are: the storage in the back is small, not a very fast boat (excellent rough water ride though), front deck is narrow and wobbles when you move side to side. But that's just me. I don't see why they wouldn't really fast, except they have great resale value.

That is about the last thing I would have thought I would have heard about a 199. It's probably the fastest boat Legend makes when there is a 225 on the back of it, which is what I have. So to say the 199 isn't fast, is CRAZY. I will take my hole shot and top end speed over just about any boat out there except of course the rocket ships aka Bullets and others similar.

I've got a Legend but am one of those rare guys that doesn't really care about the Ford vs Chevy debates on this type of thing. To me all of the top line (Legend, Skeeter, Ranger, Triton, Bass Cat, etc) all make good quality boats and they each have their good and not so good things about them. It just comes down to personal preference.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbass94

Might get him to check his prop/jack plate set-up. That thing should run well into the 70's with a 225.
Posted By: ShawnT

Re: Legend Boats - 05/27/15 09:26 PM

Yeah, unless low 70's is slow for you, something is definitely not right there. The 199 is like the sports car of the Legend fleet.
Posted By: Troutnout

Re: Legend Boats - 05/28/15 10:56 PM

Interesting.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Legend Boats - 05/29/15 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: RW1984
Originally Posted By: lamoon78
I wouldnt say its down cause its not well at least not for Phoenix anyways the section on BBC for Phoenix boats has dwindled down to nothing almost but I do agree on some is color choice some boats I see I cant believe the color choices especially know you are not going to keep it.

Not trying to call you out, but I did a quick count of the active boats for sale on BBC and Phoenix has 42 and Legend has 41. I only thought to do this because these are both boats that I look at pretty often for my next purchase. Some of these may not actually be for sale still as I'm not sure people keep the mods up to date on that site.

If you watch enough you would see more Phoenix has came and gone but the same Legends are still there along with quite a few V20's
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum