Texas Fishing Forum

Largest slot and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork

Posted By: Mark Perry

Largest slot and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/25/15 11:16 PM

Had a tourist ask me this at Fork today and I have seen some 6lbers that were overs. I want to say a 5.78 won an hour at one of the big bass deals. Can't really recall anyone talking about any DD unders. I have caught some 9s that were slots.
Posted By: Jay Kendrick

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/25/15 11:18 PM

you caught a 9 pound fish that was under 16 inches? hmmm
Posted By: Okhissa2

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/25/15 11:18 PM

Wasn't there a post a year or 2 back where a guy caught a 13+ that was like 23 3/4 in the Sealy and couldn't weigh her??
Posted By: Alex Finch

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/25/15 11:25 PM

Usually when we're talking about unders and overs, we're talking about under and over the slot. I don't know exact weights, but I've heard of some 3 pound unders (16 inches or less) and the 5 pound over you mentioned. I've never caught a DD in the slot (under the 24" mark, but I've been told about several. I caught a 9.23 that was 22.5" this past winter. I think she has a chance of making DD before she gets out of the slot.
Posted By: WasThataBite

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/25/15 11:32 PM

There was a guy in 2013 McDonald's that posted a pic of a 12+ that was under 24". Talk about a football & a heart breaker.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/25/15 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Jay Kendrick

Meant slot fish..... roflmao
Posted By: Black Dallas

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/25/15 11:40 PM

i had a 2.98 under in febuary one time. ive heard of 7lb overs
Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/25/15 11:45 PM

I watched a guy try to weigh in a 10+ lber at the mega bass years ago. It was 23 7/8". Me and another guy had overs in the tanks. It was too late to put ours in so an under won a truck. That one still stings but the bass that was short was huge. There are DD bass that won't measure 24". Unfortunately, I've seen it first hand.
Posted By: Jay Kendrick

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/25/15 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Originally Posted By: Jay Kendrick

Meant slot fish..... roflmao

Ah. I figured but was just confirming.

I caught a 9.69 in the Ram mega bass tournament 2 years ago. It was 23 9/10 inches long.
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/25/15 11:48 PM

Seen a 3.50 weigh in at Skeeter owners a few years back,that was under 16" . That thing was a fat little fish
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 12:29 AM

Lady caught it on a beetle spin! fish
Posted By: JimmyP

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 12:35 AM

My buddy that lives in Emory has a replica of his 11 lb. 2 oz 23 1/2 inch slot. He wanted a skin mount but took a lot of pictures and let her go.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 01:04 AM

Guy caught a 12lber on here last year or so that was a slot. He posted a pic
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken Starling
Seen a 3.50 weigh in at Skeeter owners a few years back,that was under 16" . That thing was a fat little fish

I saw that fish too!! It looked deformed.

Also if you look back through the SAL entries you will find a fish from Fork before the slot went to 16-24 that was 23" long and 23" girth.
Posted By: Fork Fanatic

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 01:21 AM

I had a buddy catch a 11.76 slot fish a few years ago.
Posted By: KevinSpencer

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 01:22 AM

Back when the slot was 21" I weighed a 10.01 that barely went over the 21" line. That fish was shaped like a football. Fattest fish I have ever seen.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 01:44 AM

Dad caught an under DD with Tom Redington a few years ago. Just a hair short. Had the frame of a 6, the head of an 8 and the belly of a 12.
Posted By: Randy Harrell

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 01:45 AM

Smallest over I have seen was a 5.38 at Media last May. Snake!!!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 01:56 AM

I caught three 7 pounders one summer evening in Little Mustang throwing a pop-r over the grass,
caught them all within 20 feet of each other in 15 minutes, they were all over 24 inches..!!
Posted By: skins84

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 02:45 AM

11.2 at Cooper that was 21 3/4 long 24" around. I've weighed a under at Mcdonalds that was 2.75 that won an hour but I remember someone with a 2.94 the same tourny.
Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 02:55 AM

Had a friend call me about an hour into a tourney a couple years ago and ask what the top side of slot was. When I said 24 he said just checking cause I got a 10.3 that won't measure!
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 04:02 AM

Great question and the replies are entertaining Lol
Posted By: TxFisherman03

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 06:00 AM

I weighed in a 5.38lb. over in media last year. It was 24 1/8" The fish looked more like an eel. You could tell it was an old fish. Looked like a native bass. Big ole head and shoulders the a long body and tail. It was blind in 1 eye and hit a top water around 10am.
Posted By: westxbass82

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 11:52 AM

I'm the guy who posted about the 12 I caught that was in the slot. It was in the 2012 Sealy tourney. I got a lot of grief on here because people said the pic didn't look like a 12, but that's what the scale showed and the scale was pretty accurate. I still have nightmares about that fish, because the fish that took first that year was a 10 pounder!
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 12:02 PM

My experience is limited, but so far I have caught a 6.8 pound over and a 8.6 pound slot. Cody was with me last Spring and caught a 10.05 on the Cul-M-Rite that was under 24" barely. Not for sure, but I think many of those heavy shorter fish are more pure Florida strain, which is what Sharelunker is looking for. That said, I think VERY rare or impossible for a Sharelunker to not make 24". Maybe on a guide scale. wink
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
That said, I think VERY rare or impossible for a Sharelunker to not make 24". Maybe on a guide scale. wink

Look thru the SAL entries over the years. It has happened more often than you would think Rob. It would be a freak but I've seen it firsthand. I helped weigh a fish over 13# that was 23" X 23"
Posted By: tx_basser

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 12:55 PM

I caught a 6.92 that was 25 inches long. Had the head of a 12 lb fish.
Posted By: WasThataBite

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 01:13 PM

Westxbass82, I have thought about your bass several times since I saw it. That would be my luck in a big tournament to catch a bass like that and not be able to weigh it. That fish was a pig. Sucks you weren't able to weigh it.
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 04:24 PM

My Dad caught an almost 12 during a Bass Champs that was 1/4" under the upper limit. realmad
Posted By: Shawn Mead

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 04:26 PM

Largest slot I have seen was a 10.52.....smallest over I have seen was a heavy 5 lber.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/26/15 05:46 PM

Biggest under I've ever seen was weighed in during the Legend tourney in 2013. It was exactly 3# and was a freak looking fish. It obviously won the under boat for that year. I personally know someone that caught a fish on Fork that was just under 13# and was in the slot. If I recall the fish was 23.75" not sure on the other measurements.
Posted By: Beaver22

Re: Largest slot and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/28/15 03:37 AM

This was a 6.50 lb over I caught last year in one of the thursday night working man tournaments! It looked to be blind in one eye and I assume thats why it was in such poor shape.

Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Largest slot and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/28/15 12:54 PM

I've caught 2 fish over 10 lbs in the slot in competition both in March. Pizzed Kay off, LOL...
Biggest under weighed in at a JCO tournament was 3.04, smallest over in the Skeeter was a 6.46 snake.
I can't tell you how many 8 lbers go over the slot on Fork it's amazing.
Posted By: ChrisPowellFishing

Re: Largest under and smallest over you have seen/heard on Fork - 05/28/15 01:30 PM

Wasn't on Fork, But earlier this year I Caught a fish that was over 26 inches but she was only 5 to 5 1/2 pounds. couldn't stand it! i think she had a case of the senko belly, fish had the head of a 10-12 pounder. she was nasty looking.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum