Texas Fishing Forum

Jason Christie

Posted By: Ken A.

Jason Christie - 05/25/15 02:23 PM

I see where Christie caught a 10.1 at 7:12 PM on the first day of the event.

Can someone tell me what the official hours were the first day??
Posted By: mudd

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 02:26 PM

Lol that was a button issue cause his weight never changed after weigh in
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 02:32 PM

seems like his fish are biting later in the day. Hope he takes the win.

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 02:42 PM

I'm with you Mark. He seems like a really good man, down to earth and humble.

I have been watching the live updates as much as possible and I have seen where his fish are biting later in the day. That is pretty common for the deep fish on Fork especially if they are pulling water. Even thought the lake may still be on the rise, the fish seem to be able to tell the gates are open. I have fished that ridge where he caught them good the first two days a 100 times through the years. One of my very best days on the lake came on that ridge in July.

I hope he pulls it out!

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 02:43 PM

He just caught his first fish of the day and it was a GOOD UN!!!!

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

I have been watching the live updates as much as possible and I have seen where his fish are biting later in the day. That is pretty common for the deep fish on Fork especially if they are pulling water. Even thought the lake may still be on the rise, the fish seem to be able to tell the gates are open. I have fished that ridge where he caught them good the first two days a 100 times through the years. One of my very best days on the lake came on that ridge in July.

I hope he pulls it out!

he did the same last year. He told me he targeted smaller schools and individual fish on his deeper spots as he felt they would get less pressure. On the last day he started slow but kept his confidence up and kept rotating the spots till they started feeding then he brought in over 30lbs. Most of us would have ditched it and went elsewhere but he kept at it. It was awesome to watch the way he stayed at it.Despite the wind and stumps he also controlled his boat better than anyone I have seen. ZERO wasted time or boat position. He fished hard from start to end.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 03:15 PM

I had the pleasure of drawing him on day 2 of the Central Open on Ross Barnett earlier this year. What an experience. Dude is a machine. We had 25+mph winds & monsoon rains that day. His focus and efficiency were inspiring. He's not a man of many words, but a great guy to share a boat with.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 03:21 PM

I believe the fishing hours are 7 AM to 4:30 PM

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 03:28 PM

He needs two more BIG bites today!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

I hope he pulls it out!

he did the same last year. He told me he targeted smaller schools and individual fish on his deeper spots as he felt they would get less pressure. On the last day he started slow but kept his confidence up and kept rotating the spots till they started feeding then he brought in over 30lbs. Most of us would have ditched it and went elsewhere but he kept at it. It was awesome to watch the way he stayed at it.Despite the wind and stumps he also controlled his boat better than anyone I have seen. ZERO wasted time or boat position. He fished hard from start to end.

Mark, you watched JC last year?
Posted By: Okhissa2

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 03:37 PM

Now the going to stop the Live leader board at noon... Guess we will have to find out who wins off the TFF because there website sure isn't going to work!!
Posted By: Scott A.

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 05:16 PM

He reminds me of Billy Jack. For those who remember who he was , lol..

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Scott A.

Unfortunately I do...
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 06:34 PM

Electrical problems?
Posted By: KSalcedo222

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Scott A.

Unfortunately I do...

Before my time roflmao

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank

I hope he pulls it out!

I was his camera boat on Day 3.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank

I hope he pulls it out!

I was his camera boat on Day 3.

The guy can just flat out fish can't he? I like watching that guy do work. thumb
Posted By: Darrell

Re: Jason Christie - 05/25/15 11:24 PM

I followed him around past couple days..to say this guy is an awesome fishing machine is an understatement..time management like I've never seen on the water..didn't have the first fish till about 9:30..dropped to about 8th..fought back all day and came back to finish just a little short..a tribute to the sport and a real champion..a tremendous learning experience just watching him operate

Re: Jason Christie - 05/26/15 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Darrell
I followed him around past couple days..to say this guy is an awesome fishing machine is an understatement..time management like I've never seen on the water..didn't have the first fish till about 9:30..dropped to about 8th..fought back all day and came back to finish just a little short..a tribute to the sport and a real champion..a tremendous learning experience just watching him operate

Hi Darrell,

I was pulling for Jason too. If Ehrler hadn't caught a whale Christie would've won it!! I knew his fish weren't biting until mid-day. I watched the live updates until they turned them off at noon.

Posted By: James P.

Re: Jason Christie - 05/26/15 02:51 PM

Posted By: James P.

Re: Jason Christie - 05/26/15 02:55 PM

That's Christie in pic while the rain was blowing sideways Saturday. He also caught six pounder in it from what my camera guy said.
Posted By: rodiebob

Re: Jason Christie - 05/26/15 03:07 PM

Been there, that is no fun, especially when nobody can see you till they are right on you..Christi is a great young angler.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Jason Christie - 05/26/15 06:37 PM

Feel really bad for him talked with him last yr and he came close and this year he really wanted to win it bad he was so focused too, followed him Monday for a while.
Really wanted him to win it, after he led both days.
But wasn't meant to be.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum