Texas Fishing Forum

Line Conditioner Hack

Posted By: BassinHawg

Line Conditioner Hack - 05/24/15 02:02 AM

I know there has been a lot of discussion about line conditioners in the past and I personally have like the KVD Line Conditioner the best until today.

I went to the lake this morning and went to look for my bottle of the KVD Line Conditioner and could not find it. The fluorocarbon on the reel I was wanting to use was pretty stiff and have a lot of memory. I didn't want to spend time changing line or rod and reel so on a whim I decided to put a few drops of Meguiar's Natural Shine Vinyl and Rubber Protectant that I use on my boats seats on the line.

I really like the way that the Meguiar's Natural Shine Vinyl and Rubber Protectant works on my boat seat and console so I thought what the heck. It's not greasy or slick and soaks in really well.

It was pretty awesome, it made the line very supple and took almost all of the memory out and from everything I can tell it didn't harm the line in any way.

I was so impressed I put a few drops on my other reels (both floro and mono) to let it soak in a bit and test it later, it worked so well I may go to using it instead of anything else.

I am in no way affiliated with this product, it just worked so well I thought I would share.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Line Conditioner Hack - 05/24/15 02:42 AM

How was the fishing? Does the stuff you used have a strong odor? I don't know about the KVD but the Line Butter I use is odorless.
Posted By: BassinHawg

Re: Line Conditioner Hack - 05/24/15 02:52 AM

Yes, it does have a scent but did not seem to affect the fish, they still bit.
Posted By: largemouthokie

Re: Line Conditioner Hack - 05/24/15 03:18 AM

Heard you can use 50% water and 50% fabric softener unscented and it works great.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Line Conditioner Hack - 05/24/15 03:58 AM

I will stick with the KVD I always have 4-5 bottles in my boat.
Posted By: CajunPOG

Re: Line Conditioner Hack - 05/24/15 11:26 AM

I use KVD as well, hasn't done me wrong yet
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Line Conditioner Hack - 05/24/15 12:49 PM

I saw a video recently where Mike Iaconelli was recommending a line conditioner for some particular line. He even plugged the KVD product, mentioned it anyway in passing, but then said, for himself, he just picks up a generic silicone spray lubricant at a hardware store and prefers that.

Brad
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum