Texas Fishing Forum

TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it?

Posted By: Monte Coon

TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 03:46 AM

Tony Gutierrez and I were invited to fish the TTBC Pro Am on Thursday with Brent Ehrler and we can't wait!!! Has anybody else had the opportunity to fish this and are you fishing it this year? What should we expect? I'm trying to figure out what to bring and don't have a clue what Ehrler is planning to do. According to his Facebook page he likes top waters and shallow crankbaits I'm thinking the frog may be the deal. If he decides to fish deep I'm not sure what we will do I'm not planning to bring any deep cranks so if that's the case I will be throwing the Carolina rig or Texas rig. Either way it's gonna be a blast can't wait to get out there!!!
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 04:10 AM

Awesome
Posted By: Karl Dietz

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 10:06 AM

Great opportunity!
Posted By: Black Bass Blake

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 10:39 AM

That would be awesome. Just go enjoy it
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 11:49 AM

awesome opportunity man. Just don't forget Ehrler is THE dropshot king, i could pretty well guess what you'll be throwing deep. But since Combs won last year out deep, i have a feeling most of them will stay deep and won't beat the banks.
Posted By: KB1953

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 12:09 PM

Won with crank baits.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 12:20 PM

Monte, I'm fishing it. We used to fish a full day but this year it's 4 hours of bass fishing and then a two man scramble at Lands End, so bring your sticks. Bring whatever you think you will need for fishing and, if the pro wants to do something different than the couple rigs you brought, they'll usually let you use their stuff.
Posted By: jbassman

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 12:24 PM

It will not be won deep.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 01:02 PM

I would love to get schooled by Ehrler from inside his boat for a change. What an awesome opportunity Monte. Congrats
Posted By: CapN Ron

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 01:06 PM

Jbassman, don't count on that. Not sure how it will be won but there are some BIG fish deep right now
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: jbassman
It will not be won deep.

Wrong
Posted By: DTX Angler

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 01:12 PM

Everyone is throwing frogs right now on fork
Posted By: RED70

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 01:31 PM

Hey Monte, I fished it twice on Fork. First time was with the late David Wharton and last time was with Mike Worm. Was also a judge at Conroe. Had a great time and met a lot of great people. Guys that I fished with did share baits and equipment if needed. Hope you have a great time.
Posted By: sight fisher

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 01:36 PM

I will be in it. I hope they bring enough food. We are only allowed to bring 2 rods. They didn't say anything about extra reels.
Posted By: T Gutierrez

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 02:02 PM

I'm so excited I can barely sit still.
Me and Monte were exchanging messages until nearly 1AM.
In the end I brought 4 rods and 8 reels. 2 Plano boxes with square bills and top waters. Then a medium grocery sack with plastics, hooks, weights and various lines. Hopefully this will be enough to make a game day decision after talking with Brent this evening.
Do they cancel golf if it's raining? banana
Posted By: buda13

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 02:26 PM

Fishing and golf.... YOU LUCKY DAWGS!!! Enjoy gentlemen, we will expect a full report upon recovering from your hangovers. cheers
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13
Fishing and golf.... YOU LUCKY DAWGS!!! Enjoy gentlemen, we will expect a full report upon recovering from your hangovers. cheers
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 04:37 PM

Facebook message him. I'm sure he'll let you know.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 05:24 PM

Very cool Monte!!

Have a great time out there.
Posted By: SnakeEyes

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 05:30 PM

did this back in 2007 .. fished with Luke Clausen had a blast!!!

never had another opportunity to or i would have
Posted By: Shawn Mead

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 06:38 PM

Pretty cool experience....have fun and don't let Mahfouz get you in trouble. ;-)
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Shawn Mead
Pretty cool experience....have fun and don't let Mahfouz get you in trouble. ;-)

Sorry, but Fouz and trouble are symbiotic! bolt
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/20/15 09:08 PM

I did that tourney in the First one on Fork. IT was tough as there was a no information rule that was hard in effect. We were just along for the ride. I got to fish with John Crews III and had a great time. The breakfast was cool as well sitting at a table with Dean Rojas, John Crews, and several other full time pros. I may never get to do that again and very glad I made the effort to go.

Jody

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/22/15 05:02 PM

I had a great time yesterday fishing in it even though we had a rain delay. I would do it again in a heart beat.
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/22/15 05:59 PM

Who were you paired with??

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/22/15 06:03 PM

I was paired with Keith Combs.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: TTBC Pro Am Who's Fishing it? - 05/22/15 06:07 PM

Did you throw crank baits on the humps outside Caney?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum