Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance GoFree Genisis Insight

Posted By: LouP

Lowrance GoFree Genisis Insight - 05/19/15 02:09 PM

Has anyone successfully installed and using the Insight Genesis Insight on a MacBook? I've tried working with their support but the GoFree tech support is not very good. After purchasing the Lowrance HDS Gen3, I was after the make your own fishing charts with Insight Genesis on a MacBook Pro. Emailing tech support they replied "I could do it on a Mac" but didn't say how to? I called tech support, the tech said "it couldn't be done on a Mac" and to prove his point asked me to email tech support for specific instructions and I'd see. I did so and the reply was to "change browsers"...that was all?, no detailed instructions, no help? I've emailed their tech support and called them on numerous occasions asking for detailed instructions...to no avail, all you'll get after a two or three day wait for their response is a no help short answer. Maybe if I was a really computer savvy I wouldn't have these issues, I'm not, just a lowly lumber guy who likes to fish. My GoFree experience has been very frustrating and disappointing. It's a shame because the Insight Genesis is a great idea, just a poor support group. I quit trying and I guess will do without...Lowrance has competition who maybe I'll take a closer look at on my next go round.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Lowrance GoFree Genisis Insight - 05/19/15 03:06 PM

Ok!
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Lowrance GoFree Genisis Insight - 05/19/15 03:18 PM

hymmmmmm. Might try contacting Larry Bird.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum