Texas Fishing Forum

side imaging transducer location help needed

Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

side imaging transducer location help needed - 05/19/15 12:45 AM

I'm finally installing my transducer for my garmin 93sv, I'm not real sure where to mount it. Will be going on a 03 skeeter tzx190. I was thinking about mounting it inside the jackplate on the very bottom edge. Is this a bad idea? Would there be a better place to mount it?
Posted By: gatt40

Re: side imaging transducer location help needed - 05/19/15 12:50 AM

That is where mine is located. Just be aware you won't get some of the reading at run speed.
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: side imaging transducer location help needed - 05/19/15 12:50 AM

I mounted mine on the bottom inside of my jackplate! There are holes there to bolt in! I have a great picture w my HDS
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: side imaging transducer location help needed - 05/19/15 01:30 AM

Do they make a transducer shield for Garmin my transducer is mounted underneath splash well

Re: side imaging transducer location help needed - 05/19/15 02:42 AM

There isn't one made for the unit yet. I have one in the making but just can't find the time to build it and am ready to use the unit.

Re: side imaging transducer location help needed - 05/19/15 08:00 PM

Well got it all installed and got to go play with it for about a hour before I went to the kiddos field day. I can already tell I'm going to love this graph after I figure out what I'm seeing. Snapped a few pics, this was all default settings, didn't have time to do any adjusting.

Posted By: Fishin Machine

Re: side imaging transducer location help needed - 05/19/15 08:17 PM

Nice....
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: side imaging transducer location help needed - 05/19/15 11:33 PM

Looks great Brad and you are going to love it. Just remember to stop and fish...it's so much fun when you first get a unit like that that idling around and watching the screen makes time slip away!
Posted By: Big Mouth Brett

Re: side imaging transducer location help needed - 05/22/15 08:46 PM

where did you end up mounting the ducer? i too just got a new graph (Elite 7 HDI) and need to install this weekend but not sure where to put my transducer.

did you end up putting it on the jackplate? if so will you snap a few pics as i have an 05 tzx190 so it will be similar i am sure.

thanks, Brett
Posted By: D Thomas

Re: side imaging transducer location help needed - 05/22/15 09:03 PM

Does Navionics make a chip for the Garmins, or do they have their own?

Re: side imaging transducer location help needed - 05/22/15 09:29 PM

I mounted mine in the open hole on the bottom of the jackplate and put the trasducer to the inside of the plate. Garmin units offer built in HD lake maps
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum