Texas Fishing Forum

Thanks THSBA!

Posted By: dpdpete

Thanks THSBA! - 05/18/15 11:29 PM

I want to say thanks to the Texas High School Bass Assoc for another great season and all the work they put into the tournament on Lake Tyler this weekend. We fished another association last year and it was expensive for us to fish all the East Texas lakes and with the west division for THSBA, we were able to fish local lakes and had more kids involved because of this. At the Lake Tyler event, all the staff was very friendly and the volunteers were great help to us also. These young men and women have gained so much insight into tournament fishing as well as sportsmanship and all this was due to THSBA staff and the attention they have made to this sport. I would urge all the bass fishermen that frequent this site to encourage your local high schools to participate in this program and the caliber of young men and women that fished this weekend is a testament to where Texas is going in youth bass fishing.
Monte Petersen
Boat captain Lake Dallas High School fishing team.
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Thanks THSBA! - 05/18/15 11:36 PM

Thank you for the kind words, we all at the THSBA really enjoy doing this for the kids. It was a amazing weekend , all the folks at Lake Tyler Marina were awesome, running shuttles all 3 days. The staff opening up at 3 am to cook breakfast.

It was a great weekend to say the least.

Thank you
Posted By: HatCamBass

Re: Thanks THSBA! - 05/19/15 12:13 AM

Agreed. The THSBA folks do a fantastic job!
Posted By: Walker_wilson13

Re: Thanks THSBA! - 05/19/15 12:21 AM

Love doing yall's tournaments, a great experience in the tournament fishing aspect.
-Keller High School
Posted By: OhYou

Re: Thanks THSBA! - 05/19/15 02:41 AM

Hugely impressed with how well this tournament was ran (run?) The marina staff was very helpful and the shuttles were a huge help. Thank you, THSBA. Just an awesome year! We will be back next year to defend our title, good luck to the rest of you in the East wink
Posted By: Tim Haugh

Re: Thanks THSBA! - 05/19/15 02:43 AM

Great weekend! The staff at Lake Tyler Marina can most definitely handle a big tournament. Over $46,000 in scholarships and prizes awarded this weekend. Congratulations to the team from Grand Saline for taking home 1st place.

Also, let me just say how proud I am of the teams and spectators at the weigh-in on Sunday. We passed a bucket around, taking donations for a family in Van who lost their home. The THSBA family opened their wallets and hearts and over $1600 was donated. Just awesome!!! We truly have some special people associated with the THSBA.
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Thanks THSBA! - 05/19/15 10:58 AM

The staff at Lake Tyler Marina did an awesome job. They were so helpful with the shuttles and opening early for breakfast. They really made a difference. The THSBA did a great job at running the tournament.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum