Texas Fishing Forum

Question for the Electronics guys

Posted By: Rodney2100

Question for the Electronics guys - 05/18/15 10:55 AM

I am having a new boat built. What electronics would you put on the front and the console. I don't need the best of the best. I just have not followed the electronics industry in the past couple of years. I am not looking for a Ford and Chevy fight. I am just asking for some opinions on what is out there. Is there one manufacturer that is better for the average Joe than the other. I prefer at least 8 inch screens or larger. Thanks you in advance, Rodney
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Question for the Electronics guys - 05/18/15 11:05 AM

I would go to bps or cabelas and play around with different brand to me lowrance is easier to operate but may be different for someone else. I like the hds touch 9s personally
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Question for the Electronics guys - 05/18/15 11:46 AM

I would say if you just want the basic, I would go with Lowrance Touch 9 Gen 3. I prefer the Lowrance for the 2D sonar.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Question for the Electronics guys - 05/18/15 11:47 AM

All three have really good units in the $1000 price range. I have become a huge Garmin fan in the last few years and their new units are awesome. If you are looking for 'easy to use' then give Garmin a serious look.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Question for the Electronics guys - 05/18/15 12:13 PM

Best advice you have received so far is go to BPS to see all of them and see demos, then decide.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Question for the Electronics guys - 05/18/15 12:55 PM

Lowrance touch screen 12 up front and on the console if you are getting a 19ft or longer boat. The Gen. 2 models should be at a great price since the Gen. 3 models are out.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Question for the Electronics guys - 05/18/15 01:10 PM

I have a touch 12 on console and an elite 9 on the bow, really digging the elite 9, the down scan is awesome, don't even use 2 d.
Posted By: Forkfish

Re: Question for the Electronics guys - 05/18/15 01:54 PM

Humminbird Onix!
Posted By: CenTexan

Re: Question for the Electronics guys - 05/18/15 02:35 PM

You see all the opinions you are going to get? You can play with all of them at Bass Pros or Cabellas. One of them will jump out at you. that's the one to get.
Posted By: jcombsiv

Re: Question for the Electronics guys - 05/18/15 03:39 PM

If slade says Hummingbird Onix then listen to him, as he is the electronics guru. I had a fishing buddy that wasn't good with his go on a trip with him and since he came back we have spotted fish all over the place. And if you have issues after you get the rig, book with him too.
Posted By: Rodney2100

Re: Question for the Electronics guys - 05/19/15 12:35 AM

I spoke with Slade this afternoon. Thank you every one for the replies. Slade is going to set me up.
Posted By: TexBbq

Re: Question for the Electronics guys - 05/19/15 01:38 AM

The Onix is AWESOME!
Posted By: Jerry Brown

Re: Question for the Electronics guys - 05/19/15 01:47 AM

Had a buddy go out with Slade this weekend and he swears it was the best money he's spent in a long time. I like my bird more than I like my lowrance up front.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Question for the Electronics guys - 05/19/15 01:53 AM

Go to the store and play around until you find something YOU like!! I have Lowrance but....I hear Garmin is the way go.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum