Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine or Eagle Mountain??

Posted By: Walker_wilson13

Grapevine or Eagle Mountain?? - 05/18/15 03:43 AM

Looking to go out for a morning trip this coming Saturday and want to know which would be a better idea to fish? Has anybody caught fish on either lake recently? I know it's going to be a total different ballgame with all this rain but wanted to hear some of yalls opinions on this. Any help would be appreciated!
Posted By: tugboattim

Re: Grapevine or Eagle Mountain?? - 05/18/15 03:51 AM

Grapevine is right at 12 foot high and just about every boat ramp is closed so I would say the fish are scattered everywhere right now there.
Posted By: hawghoover

Re: Grapevine or Eagle Mountain?? - 05/18/15 09:36 AM

put new ride in at Katies Woods ramp Sunday..was a nightmare ! guess it must have been the only ramp open on the lake.got it in the slip at Twin Coves.will start fishing Monday!
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Grapevine or Eagle Mountain?? - 05/18/15 12:10 PM

Drove by one of the 'feeder' creeks feeding EM, OMG !!! bolt
The water was HIGH, SWIRLING and showing no signs of slowing. Many cat fishermen on the roadway fishing there but the lake is going to be like a 'soup' and very muddy for a while yet if this is any sign at all.
My home lake and can't wait to fish it, especially as it is full but, I'm waiting a few days for the waters to settle......there sure aren't going to be any 'clear' spots for a few days.....
Ya'll be careful....no telling what all is now washed into and floating on the lake
God Bless
Posted By: buton

Re: Grapevine or Eagle Mountain?? - 05/18/15 12:33 PM

is kind of frustrating now lol... full lakes and all muddy with trash, cant wait that long.....
Posted By: Scott in Flower Mound

Re: Grapevine or Eagle Mountain?? - 05/18/15 12:36 PM

I think it's going to be June before the lakes calm down.

Re: Grapevine or Eagle Mountain?? - 05/18/15 12:37 PM

Yep. Bad as I want to go fishing, I'm not going to 'just go' when the conditions are so bad there is little chance of catching a fish....made even worse by the debris now floating around not just at EM but many other area lakes.
PK is the only one I can think of, since it's a river, that has a chance of having clear/fish able waters.
God Bless
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Grapevine or Eagle Mountain?? - 05/18/15 12:42 PM

Those fish still have to eat regardless of water color

Re: Grapevine or Eagle Mountain?? - 05/18/15 12:46 PM

True, roflmao but they do have to see or find the bait. For now, don't think much is going to happen as far as catching anything of any size to speak of.
God Bless
Originally Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad
Posted By: buton

Re: Grapevine or Eagle Mountain?? - 05/18/15 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

you will need to put that bait in front of them lol...
Posted By: fish 4 5

Re: Grapevine or Eagle Mountain?? - 05/18/15 03:57 PM

Headed to Austin area Friday to fish. Been too long. Hopefully some good water down south a it.
Posted By: hawghoover

Re: Grapevine or Eagle Mountain?? - 05/18/15 04:06 PM

went to the high water ramp in twin coves today.its open!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum