Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Champs show

Posted By: Andy W

Bass Champs show - 05/17/15 11:30 PM

Did my DVR decide not to record it toady or did the show not air this week?
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/17/15 11:45 PM

it came on

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/18/15 12:40 AM

Can someone please tell me which event is hey covered? Thanks.
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/18/15 12:41 AM

it was the 2nd stop at Rayburn

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/18/15 01:22 AM

Thanks!
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/18/15 03:23 AM

You didn't miss anything bro! 95% of it was the Lucy & Desi fishing escapades!
Posted By: ForkFarmer

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/18/15 12:20 PM

I have almost always had problems recording the show - some technical issue displays when I try to replay the show - anyone else have that problem?
Posted By: jfdawson

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/18/15 12:28 PM

I have DirectTV and it did not record this weekend.

The sad thing is... I really don't care.
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/18/15 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: SRitchey

I'm with you.....don't like the new format......haven't watched it since the 3rd show....
Posted By: ShamrockSmith

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/18/15 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: redskeeter190

I'm with you.....don't like the new format......haven't watched it since the 3rd show....
You made it further than I did. barf
Posted By: fish 4 5

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/18/15 03:58 PM

They need to go. Start showing fish catches by TX anglers. Can't learn much from a team that does not catch fish...
Posted By: Tejasbasshunter

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/18/15 04:05 PM

BassChamps marketing department should be fired. It would pay dividends for someone to call Mark Jones for some pointers....

Originally Posted By: fish 4 5
They need to go. Start showing fish catches by TX anglers. Can't learn much from a team that does not catch fish...
Posted By: jcombsiv

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/18/15 04:19 PM

Agreed that DirecTV didn't record. Also should go back to showing anglers actually CATCHING fish!
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/18/15 04:42 PM

Yep, and if that "FISH FISHBOURN" (or however you spell it) was as funny as he thought he was, he would be doing stand up. What a beating he is to listen to.
Posted By: BassSAT

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/18/15 06:12 PM

What a waste of time....!
Posted By: matthouston8829

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/18/15 07:08 PM

I didnt like it at first, but I love it nowthere r tons of informative shows on tv, I like how this one shows the fun side of tournament fishing. Plus the wife will actually watch this one, and is even now on board with me fishing Bass Champs next year! Go Fish!!
Posted By: Mayo

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/18/15 08:58 PM

hung
Posted By: "Ol Spookin

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/18/15 11:21 PM

Yep, really starting to miss ole' Hubert now!!
Posted By: EastTexasBassFisher

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/19/15 12:24 AM

I have to say that the Last episode was the best of the season!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h313LtkIpkw

Oh yea, Its tournament fishing! Like the Old Days of Bass Champs!

If they would have left the FIsh commentary out I would not have had to fast forward!
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/19/15 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Longeye

Yep, and if that "FISH FISHBOURN" (or however you spell it) was as funny as he thought he was, he would be doing stand up. What a beating he is to listen to.

Exactly. If anyone thinks this guy is funny, I have some oceanfront property to sell you. Besides, I don't need funny on a fishing show.
Posted By: 90 5.0

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/19/15 02:40 AM

I am about to remove the record setting on my DVR, it's just not my cup of tea.

I think they need to poll some viewers and see if the majority can't stand it now, or the ones that don't like it are just the more vocal ones about it.
Posted By: brett8388

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/19/15 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: 90 5.0

I think they need to poll some viewers and see if the majority can't stand it now, or the ones that don't like it are just the more vocal ones about it.

No way man. I love this show. Nothing I like more in a fishing show than displays of poor preparation, sponsor plugs for lures that obviously didn't work well, and Axle Rose references.
Posted By: OneStrike

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/19/15 10:51 AM

I agree, I have stopped watching it, its painful.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/19/15 12:05 PM

I have only watched one show, they were fishing a tournament on Toledo Bend I think, it was not that bad of a show, I sure have seen worse, if the majority does not like it I am sure Champs will change it up.
Posted By: 90 5.0

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/19/15 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: brett8388
Originally Posted By: 90 5.0

No way man. I love this show. Nothing I like more in a fishing show than displays of poor preparation, sponsor plugs for lures that obviously didn't work well, and Axle Rose references.

Well I believe you on the Axel Rose reference at least Lol
Posted By: ForkFarmer

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/19/15 01:44 PM

Bass Champs is a grass roots good ole boys format fishing trail. How does Fish fit that pattern? Just not a good format for BC and after working so hard to establish an image, why mess with it for a different branding? Not an interesting program and a bad move for future marketing. Sorry - Fish was a mistake. JMHO
Posted By: Slade

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/19/15 02:03 PM

This show is not nearly as good as it used to be. I thought they where doing a bit with fish and his girlfriend the first few episodes but I guess this is the new format and its not very good. If they weren't fishing I'm Texas then I doubt any of us would be watching it now.

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/20/15 12:03 AM

Its just a strange show, I liked the Red River episode with the grass roots anglers and the old host, but mixed with Fish it is just confusing, especially at the end? Is FIsh supporting Basschamps or is the the Fish show? I e-mailed him (John) directly about the show and he had a Nice but obviously generic non comment response about the NEW show and asked that any questions be directed to BassChamps directly who I also e-mailed and got ZERO response.

I just miss the Old Bass Champs. Not really sure why it had to change? Just seems kinda poky hick now, music and everything.
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/20/15 12:43 AM

Yet another episode of Lucy and Desi; where's little Ricky! roflmao
Posted By: Ranger205

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/20/15 03:14 AM

The Fishburn and "significant other" show is not for me....needed to cut back on my taped shows anyway.
Posted By: reelswift

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/20/15 07:41 PM

Wish I knew what BC was paying Fish & Tish for their appearance on the show ??
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/20/15 07:59 PM

&amp
Posted By: Bud Will(iams) Fish

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/20/15 08:14 PM

I too have deleted the recording. I like Fish, I just dont think he is funny. Never have
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/21/15 12:22 AM

They ran repeats for way too long before they finally started the new season and ran a bunch of viewers off. The new format is horrible any way you cut it. If it was Roland and Mary Ann Martin I would like it only slightly better...at least Roland is a legend and I'm sure they would be less goofy than Fish and his girlfriend. If the ratings for the new format are higher than the "tournament format" shows I would be surprised...more like shocked really. I realize there may be people that like it but I can't believe they outnumber the people like most of us that want to see the tournament fishing with real fishermen competing and weigh ins. I'm just not sure that bass fishing and especially tournament bass fishing is a family sport. Champs runs great tournaments but they are getting some bad input from somebody about what a show like theirs should be. Give me Honey Hole and Bill Wilcox any day!

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/21/15 01:36 AM

Well if it is indeed getting better ratings, then I guess I need to move on, I too would be shocked! Their are WAY too many generic Fish Like shows and few real tournament shows like the old BassChamps. I guess I just like the action and serious tone the old show had. I agree that Champs runs great tournaments but they are getting some bad input from somebody about what a show like theirs should be. I am assuming the old host John has nothing to do with the New show since I got a very generic response from him and NOTHING form BassChamps..... O well, I guess its Bassmaster, Match fishing and FLW only for me now.
Posted By: IIIMag

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/21/15 01:41 AM

Too silly for me. If I want to watch a comic, I'll watch a professional comedian.
Posted By: tyingknots

Re: Bass Champs show - 05/21/15 02:13 AM

This show stinks on ice!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum