Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Grapevine tournament idea

Posted By: BlaiseWeimer

Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/17/15 06:53 PM

Who would be interested in doing a Major League Fishing style tournament at lake grapevine a couple times throughout the summer using "score tracker live?"
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/17/15 07:46 PM

I would love to but how can u keep them honest?

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/17/15 08:55 PM

yea that's my only concern
Posted By: Rowdy_Dogg

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/17/15 09:14 PM

Sounds fun.

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/17/15 09:50 PM

So tell us your complete thoughts on this style of tournament? Run just like MLF or are you going to tweak it?
Posted By: papamark

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/17/15 11:54 PM

I'd be n for it

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/18/15 12:10 AM

I say we do it pretty much the same way but no periods or anything. We could start fishing at 7 and be back at the ramp by 3. Everybody would have to have a device they could connect to the Internet with so they could submit their fish and everybody would need to use the same scale to weigh the fish. The only problem is if somebody isn't honest. We would just need to find out a way of making sure everybody is honest and we could give it a go.

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/18/15 12:10 AM

And I say weigh every fish no length minimum.

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/18/15 01:40 AM

I like it... Next prob is getting everyone to get the same scale! U can always get some sort of token and have the angler take a pic of each fish caught weight with this token in the pic! Like a poker chip or something! But then I guess someone could weigh the fish 2 times or something stupid! To bad we can't trust ppl anymore! Figure out a way and I'm in for sure! What price point are you thinking?
Posted By: Michael Huffer

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/18/15 01:52 AM

i would be in depending on the date

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/18/15 02:01 AM

The first one would probably be mid June sometime. And price I would probably say $50, but it costs to use score tracker live but I don't know how much.. I need to find out the details and how to use it then I can get a date and we can make it happen!!

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/18/15 02:40 AM

Lets make it June 20th. I would need to get the number of people fishing because you have to put in all the information before-hand. And it costs $5 per person to use Score Tracker Live so that would be factored into the tournament fee but not the payout.
Posted By: chadcox

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/18/15 02:40 AM

I talked to a friend about doing something MLF style, I think you'd have to do a draw for non boaters to keep each other honest.
Posted By: triton20x

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/18/15 02:53 AM

Golden rule with a picture of the fish on the ruler measuring the inches. Submit weight via the golden rule. The pictures would be proof along with date and time stamp on it.
Posted By: Big bass boy

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/19/15 04:17 PM

sounds great id be in
Posted By: George Tabone

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/19/15 04:35 PM

Sounds interesting. I'd give it a try.

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/20/15 01:23 AM

Ya I am in for sure so what 40 entry/ 10 big bass/ 5 score tracker so 55? Also I assume this is an individual tournament with one person per boat?

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/20/15 01:40 AM

exactly. And yes individual format but moree than 1 person could be in a boat. They would just have to compete individually.

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/20/15 01:45 AM

I am going to make a post in the tournament section within the next couple days and get this thing going. The date will be June 20th. And sign up would close the 15th. Total cost would be $55.
Posted By: DedShort

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/20/15 01:55 AM

Sounds like fun. The token idea with the pictures is a good idea.
Posted By: CraigMcD

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/20/15 02:30 AM

In kayak tournaments, we use the CPR (catch, photo, release) format all of the time.

Most tournaments specify a standard board like the Hog Trough. We turn in inches instead of pounds.

For the token, just write a code on your hand with a sharpie...the code is given at launch time. When you hold the fish on the measuring board, the code is right there in the picture.

Craig
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Lake Grapevine tournament idea - 05/20/15 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: CraigMcD
In kayak tournaments, we use the CPR (catch, photo, release) format all of the time.

Most tournaments specify a standard board like the Hog Trough. We turn in inches instead of pounds.

For the token, just write a code on your hand with a sharpie...the code is given at launch time. When you hold the fish on the measuring board, the code is right there in the picture.

Craig

Proven measure for kayak tournaments, and new to the boating world. Take the 5 longest from pics with the token. Eliminates the potential problems with scales being off. I would add one thing. The token would identify the tournament day and there needs to be an individual identifier as well if everyone is competing individually and there could be more than one in the boat. I would standardize on the measuring board like a Hog Trough. Not all boat boards have inch fractions, and it could come down to fractions to determine the winner.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum