Texas Fishing Forum

Hubbard Creek rain

Posted By: TreeBass14

Hubbard Creek rain - 05/17/15 03:19 AM

Just watched the radar for the past few hours. Looks like a lot of rain on that backwards water shed. Any updates on how much rain they got? Will it do any good?
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Hubbard Creek rain - 05/17/15 03:26 AM

Just wondering this myself
Posted By: fishonmyline

Re: Hubbard Creek rain - 05/17/15 05:03 AM

4+" of rain in the watershed according to the news. It was hard and heavy too. Hopefully it caught some beneficial runoff. Good rain chances for the next 7 days. Keep your fingers crossed.
Posted By: TreeBass14

Re: Hubbard Creek rain - 05/17/15 12:04 PM

That's great news! Thanks
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Hubbard Creek rain - 05/17/15 03:06 PM

Lake has caught a foot of water since yesterday and the creeks are running. 28' low right now. I went out last Thursday to check it out after last weeks rain, it was a muddy sob,,going to be even worse now. Going to take a while to clear back up.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Hubbard Creek rain - 05/17/15 03:08 PM

Keep it coming
Posted By: Big bite

Re: Hubbard Creek rain - 05/18/15 08:54 PM

Any updates?
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Hubbard Creek rain - 05/18/15 09:03 PM

26.64 feet low as of 3:15pm today.... 9.48 inches up in the last 24 hours, 4.7 feet up in the last 10 days
Posted By: 2Gs

Re: Hubbard Creek rain - 05/18/15 09:08 PM

[img:center]http://[/img]
Posted By: ksalmon

Re: Hubbard Creek rain - 05/18/15 09:21 PM

Better than nothing but I really wish this area (San Angelo, Abilene, etc) could get the benefits of the storms the rest of the state is receiving. Ivie, Spence, Hubbard Creek, Champion, Oak Creek, Sweetwater.....I'm talking to you!!!
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Hubbard Creek rain - 05/18/15 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: ksalmon
Better than nothing but I really wish this area could get the benefits of the storms the rest of the state is receiving. Ivie, Spence, Hubbard Creek, Champion, Oak Creek, Sweetwater.....I'm talking to you!!!

I don't want to sound like a smart aleck because I am praying for you guys and your lakes, but how much rain do areas from Sweetwater to Ballinger to Breckenridge get on average compared to DFW and eastward? I think average annual rainfall in Tyler is around 45 inches. We've probably had close to 30 inches so far this year. That's a lot for us, but I'm guessing it would be well over a year's average rain for a lot of areas in the west central and western part of the state.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Hubbard Creek rain - 05/18/15 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Razorback
Originally Posted By: ksalmon
Better than nothing but I really wish this area could get the benefits of the storms the rest of the state is receiving. Ivie, Spence, Hubbard Creek, Champion, Oak Creek, Sweetwater.....I'm talking to you!!!

I don't want to sound like a smart aleck because I am praying for you guys and your lakes, but how much rain do areas from Sweetwater to Ballinger to Breckenridge get on average compared to DFW and eastward? I think average annual rainfall in Tyler is around 45 inches. We've probably had close to 30 inches so far this year. That's a lot for us, but I'm guessing it would be well over a year's average rain for a lot of areas in the west central and western part of the state.

and the past 5 years we have had record LOW rain falls... your point? we are getting over record numbers in the rest of the state. We had the wetest January on record i believe.

You realize if you look at the numbers they had MORE rain during the dust bowl then we did in this last drought. I think there was a two year period 10-11 that was WAY less than the drought of the dust bowl...

Our farming practices are just MUCH MUCH better(and we have lest pure acres in cultivation). so you haven't seen the problems we had then.

the point is it took LESS than average rain fall to get these lakes this way.... even NORMAL rain fall and getting things back to normal would be a big step
Posted By: shank-n-bass

Re: Hubbard Creek rain - 05/18/15 09:55 PM

Yea what he said
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum