Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Holbrook

Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Lake Holbrook - 05/16/15 10:08 PM

Gonna try and get away from the crowd tomorrow, is anybody familiar with Lake Holbrook ? If so please feel free to share input. THANKS.
Posted By: SIR-FISH-LOT

Re: Lake Holbrook - 05/16/15 11:07 PM

WATERMELON RED LOCAL LAKE COLOR.
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Lake Holbrook - 05/16/15 11:12 PM

Holbrook is a good little lake and should be able to catch fish all over this time of year. Does not get very muddy from rains but on Sunday you will have quite a few others fishing there as well. All Wood county lakes are good, including Quitman and Hawkins.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Lake Holbrook - 05/17/15 12:01 AM

Thanks Dan and SFL.
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Lake Holbrook - 05/17/15 01:08 AM

Great lake for sure. Usually more of a numbers lake but will surprise you with a giant every once in awhile. Fished it today. Tougher than normal for us although I think I'm in a slump because I havent had one of those good solid days in a long time lol. Water is stained on the upper end lightly stained on the lower end. Not as clear as normal anywhere. Caught a couple dinks off main lake points on t-rigs, and a couple more nicer fish around bream beds on wacky rigs and swim baits. We were the first boat to pull into the south ramp this morning, but couldn't even get a bite on topwater...weird. Watch for schoolers. Good luck!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Lake Holbrook - 05/17/15 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Bass98
Great lake for sure. Usually more of a numbers lake but will surprise you with a giant every once in awhile. Fished it today. Tougher than normal for us although I think I'm in a slump because I havent had one of those good solid days in a long time lol. Water is stained on the upper end lightly stained on the lower end. Not as clear as normal anywhere. Caught a couple dinks off main lake points on t-rigs, and a couple more nicer fish around bream beds on wacky rigs and swim baits. We were the first boat to pull into the south ramp this morning, but couldn't even get a bite on topwater...weird. Watch for schoolers. Good luck!

^^^^^^ this
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum