Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma is getting closer to the spillway

Posted By: slim 285

Texoma is getting closer to the spillway - 05/16/15 04:03 AM

Is there any talk of it going over the spillway? I think 640 is the spillway height and it is at 632.21 now. It is still rising over a foot a day.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Texoma is getting closer to the spillway - 05/16/15 04:06 AM

the corps aren't opening gates, so spillway surfing is likely in the next few days.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Texoma is getting closer to the spillway - 05/16/15 10:56 AM

It is pretty bad out there, I looked at the spillway yesterday, looks like it will need to come up at least 6 more feet to get close to it, feel bad for all the folks who make their living there, the summer is shot
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Texoma is getting closer to the spillway - 05/16/15 11:09 AM

as of 5:00 AM this morning Texoma is 15.41 above normal pool

Re: Texoma is getting closer to the spillway - 05/16/15 01:50 PM

7.45 to get to top of spillway. Not sure why they arent releasing any, guess they are letting it do its job as a flood control resource due to downstream conditions. The upstream watershed continued getting rain this morning / last night with more in the forecast, so higher it will go. Kayakers have been posting pics from inside the restaurant at highport. I mean from their kayaks inside the restaurant.
Posted By: mykey

Re: Texoma is getting closer to the spillway - 05/16/15 02:00 PM

Not sure why Happykamper said feel bad for folks and summer is shot?? Just CURIOUS..
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Texoma is getting closer to the spillway - 05/16/15 02:18 PM

They'll be spending their summer repairing water damage inside the restaurant. It is completely flooded.
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: Texoma is getting closer to the spillway - 05/16/15 03:03 PM

Last year in May the lake was over 8 ft low-what a change a year makes.

Too bad there isn't a way to send that water to lakes that need it.
Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: Texoma is getting closer to the spillway - 05/16/15 03:08 PM

Next weekend is usually one of the biggest weekends on the lake. With all the marinas and campgrounds closed, no out of towners will be spending money here. The local economy that depends on the lake crowds gets hit hard when big weekends are a bust.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Texoma is getting closer to the spillway - 05/16/15 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted Martin
7.45 to get to top of spillway. Not sure why they arent releasing any, guess they are letting it do its job as a flood control resource due to downstream conditions. The upstream watershed continued getting rain this morning / last night with more in the forecast, so higher it will go. Kayakers have been posting pics from inside the restaurant at highport. I mean from their kayaks inside the restaurant.

That's a shame I was up there for the txtt and there is some nice scenery for sure in there.

Re: Texoma is getting closer to the spillway - 05/16/15 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin
I was up there for the txtt and there is some nice scenery for sure in there.

Lots of nice scenery around the islands in the summer! grin
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Texoma is getting closer to the spillway - 05/16/15 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted Martin
Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin
I was up there for the txtt and there is some nice scenery for sure in there.

Lots of nice scenery around the islands in the summer! grin

If there are islands for the scenery
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Texoma is getting closer to the spillway - 05/17/15 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: mykey
Not sure why Happykamper said feel bad for folks and summer is shot?? Just CURIOUS..

Well the lake will probably be closed most of the summer, their are a lot of folks that make their living there, going to be slim pickens for them, they already were behind the 8 ball because of the draught, their business banks on the summer months.
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Texoma is getting closer to the spillway - 05/17/15 03:13 AM

I had a boat in a slip at Texoma in 2007 and after that flood I had to sale everything after not being able to use it for most of the summer. It is a great time up there and great people as well. I feel for all of them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum