Texas Fishing Forum

Rain gear

Posted By: Pantera III

Rain gear - 05/15/15 02:22 PM

I'm thinking about finally buying some quality rain gear. I think I'm leaning towards bass 100 mph. To anyone that uses this, what are your thoughts, pros and cons, and do they run true to size? Thanks.
Posted By: James Weir

Re: Rain gear - 05/15/15 02:30 PM

I haven't tried 100mph but as hot as its been, and going to be, I opted for the under armor rain gear. It's really lightweight and breathable and 100% water proof. It feels really comfortable and doesn't get in the way when fishing. Plus its about $200 for both the jacket and pants.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Rain gear - 05/15/15 02:34 PM

Have honestly no opinion on Bass Pro 100mph gear but, bought two different sets and glad I did.
Frogg Toggs for light weight summer wear and Academy 2 piece H20 gear for COMPLETELY being dry.
Man the H20 stuff is great and LOTS of pockets, something most don't have.
Just IMO,
God Bless
Posted By: JerryC

Re: Rain gear - 05/15/15 02:38 PM

Love my BPS 100 MPH, Frogg Togg Toadz are good, The original Fogg Toggs seem to get me soacked. lol
Just my opinion
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Rain gear - 05/15/15 02:46 PM

I don't like the heavy feel of the BPS 100 MPH stuff. Too heavy.

I like to layer - prefer Patagonia Fishing or Simms stuff myself.

The BPS Qualifier is a pretty good buy but still doesn't come close to matching the performance of the brands above.

I cant stand Toggs myself. They are good for tucking away in the boat for an unexpected shower and I agree with the comment above regarding bibs vs pants. Bibs are reasonable for a back up.
Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Re: Rain gear - 05/15/15 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: krawlin 47
I don't like the heavy feel of the BPS 100 MPH stuff. Too heavy.

I like to layer - prefer Patagonia Fishing or Simms stuff myself.

The BPS Qualifier is a pretty good buy but still doesn't come close to matching the performance of the brands above.

I cant stand Toggs myself. They are good for tucking away in the boat for an unexpected shower and I agree with the comment above regarding bibs vs pants. Bibs are reasonable for a back up.
Agreed ..me I like Gortex ex. Northface,LLBean,or Patagonia, because they work great in all seasons. If cold I wear under Armour cold gear 2.0 or 3.0 when it is below 40 as my base layer. Gortex breaths and you stay dry. 100mph to me are big and bulky, I would only consider using them in extreme winter cond though.Just my 2cents
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum