If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 03:01 PM

How well does it work?
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 03:03 PM

They work great.

Get the bibs instead of pants so water stays out when being active
Posted By: x19dm

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 03:15 PM

I have the ToadSkinz and love them especially during late spring and summer as it is not as hot as a lot of gortex suits. I think my jacket is for motorcycle riding. As previous poster said get the bibs. They won't last like a high dollar suit but for the cost I can buy 2 or more replacements. They stood behind a 1 year warranty when I had a zipper on the jacket go out. Did rip a small hole in the bibs on mine but just put an inner-tube patch on it.
Posted By: texashelms

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 03:20 PM

They will keep the rain off of you. If it's warm and raining outside you sweat to death before the rain stops. Cabela's makes a much better rain suit that is also useable.
Posted By: Frenzy

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 03:27 PM

Mine works great.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 03:31 PM

I've only had the cheaper versions; they're ok. The bibs are much better than the pants. The suits do not breathe well and they usually will only keep me dry for about 30 minutes of steady rain. After that, my clothes inside the suit start getting damp. They're fine for a quick summer shower but that's about all.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 03:37 PM

If you plan on being in rain for an extended period of time they suck. For a quick rain shower they do fine. I would consider them to be more "water resistant" than "water proof".
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 04:21 PM

Mine work great. They keep me perfectly dry underneath.

When it's cold and rainy I use a 100 mph but in the summer it's Frog Toggs all the way. Cheap and effective. I got mine on the clearance rack at Academy (or Dick's?) for $7 for the set.
Posted By: BassColonel

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 05:18 PM

Yes, great for those showers that come out of nowhere. Also pack up very small to store in the boat.
Posted By: timwins31

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: BassColonel
Yes, great for those showers that come out of nowhere. Also pack up very small to store in the boat.

That's why I really like them. They keep you dry but you can also keep them in a very small container. I keep a set in my boat bag in the spring and summer.
Posted By: Steve Reed MFT

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 06:34 PM

You guys should try out their new Pilot Rain suit - jacket and bibs. It's awesome! I own the Simms Pro Dry, but when this new suit came in I got the chance to demo it. Lightweight, keeps rain out and isn't too warm. Good for layering up underneath based upon the conditions and using the suit as needed during rain.

Leaps and bounds (so to speak) above their old stuff.
Posted By: Ranger64

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 07:24 PM

I have the Toadskinz bibs and jacket. I wore it 6 hours last Saturday in blowing rain and stayed dry. Also stayed dry about a month ago coming across Texoma in 2-3 ft chop and spray. Much better than their old $30 suits. I think its great for spring and summer. In winter you can always layer up under it. Just my .02 worth.
Posted By: Trunkful

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 07:53 PM

Love them, yes get the bib style...
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 07:56 PM

I got a set when they first came out, and really anything over a heavy mist or quick shower they suck.

They may have changed their material, but im not impressed.
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 08:18 PM

In my experience they do not hold up...especially after you wash them. They get really fuzzy. I realize that I am much harder on my equipment than most will read this post, but I would recommend getting something a little more durable. Academy H2O bibs and parka are my good for the price. I have been told Cabela's Guide Wear is top of the line.
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 09:38 PM

Why would you wash them
Posted By: chargerboat

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 09:50 PM

Do not wash frog Toggs.... if you want there best frog Toggs has the pro guide series and the toad rage both are the best ,state of the art technology and come in some nice color combos
Posted By: txfsh

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 10:15 PM

I have the Toadskinz jacket and bibs. They do ok in a heavy rain but their not for long term use. I have had a problem with the zipper on the jacket since the first day I bought it. It takes about ten tries to get it to line up so that it doesn't split apart. I should have bought the H2O's from Acadmey but they were all out when I needed a suit quick. In short....there better than nothing!
Posted By: Knot at work

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 10:17 PM

Mine keep me dry. I work outside all day rain or shine and rely on them. Yes you do sweat your butt off when its hot
Posted By: reelswift

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/14/15 10:22 PM

That's it Not for continued use I had a suit that soaked thru in approximately 1 hour of light to moderate rain.

Originally Posted By: RedRaider3933
If you plan on being in rain for an extended period of time they suck. For a quick rain shower they do fine. I would consider them to be more "water resistant" than "water proof".
Posted By: Rodney2100

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/15/15 12:49 AM

Save your money and buy a better product. In the summer you will sweat like a who-e in church.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/15/15 02:36 PM

When they first came out I bought a set to wear when it was too warm out to wear my Cabela's Guide rainsuit. That first set was pretty much junk. Recently I bought Frog Togg's Toadskinz bibs and jacket. They are much better than the first set I bought. Still not as good at keeping out water than my Cabela's Guide suit but much better than the old set.
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/15/15 02:47 PM

I can stand them - good stow away for an unexpected shower...maybe.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/15/15 03:34 PM

I just got a Columbia light weight rain jacket that is awesome. Frogg Toggs are great to keep in the boat, but for regular use, I'll take the Columbia jacket.
Posted By: Zach S

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/15/15 04:12 PM

They keep the rain off me. Was in a down pour last weekend sitting down and water was pooling up in my lap and didn't notice until I was wet. So as long as you are standing up they're great
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/15/15 06:58 PM

Cabela's Guide Wear is top of the line, but has just gone beyond sky high to another solar system in pricing! I'm not sure where they find people who will pay $500-$600 for a rainsuit. Their "Tourney Trail" line is more reasonable, but it is definitely NOT for warm weather. I have one of those and like it a lot. It and their regular Guide Wear suits are great when you want to be protected in cold (or cool) wet weather. I bought the Cabela's Bass Guide Wear system when it was on clearance at substantial savings during the season change. The Bass specific model is rather lightweight and acceptable as a warm weather option. It's my go-to system for mild to warm weather. I will admit I would not be owning that one if I had to pay today's price, however.

I agree that what you get isn't as critical if it's for warm weather showers, which are no big deal. The premium gear is more important and on target when the weather would be miserable if you were wet.
Posted By: Greg J

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/15/15 07:23 PM

New Pilot gear from Frogg Toggss...YES! thumb

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/15/15 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Bugzout10
Why would you wash them

I wash my rain gear...or I should say my wife washes my rain gear...after almost every time I wear it. Usually because it has a ton of catfish slime, shad scales, and fish blood on it. After a while it can actually stand up on its own and let's not even talk about the smell. I realize that I typically do a very different type of fishing than most of you guys. I don't usually post in this section but I was looking for ramp reports when I saw the thread and thought I would share my experience. If all you want is something to occasionally keep you dry during an unexpected spring shower, Frog Toggs are great. If you want something that will stand up to catfish slime, January storms and the occasional nacho cheese, I would get something else.

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/15/15 10:35 PM

I forgot anchor mud...anchor mud is the worst.
Posted By: texashelms

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/15/15 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Bugzout10
Why would you wash them

Say what? Because after sweating in them they will stink BAD! No need in smelling like a boar hog all day long.
Posted By: FLIPPINaFX

Re: If you have a Frogg Togg rain suit? - 05/15/15 11:34 PM

You will be dry but they're hot! I accidently forgot my rain suit that I usually wear in the oilfield so used my toggs. Bad mistake. ♨️
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum