Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts

Posted By: RangerBass21

Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 02:18 PM

Are the boat ramps still closed? Any open?
Posted By: steph670

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 02:34 PM

No ramps are open at this time. The "Parkcop" usually will post updates on the forum. Parkcop is his call sign. The lake may be off limits until sometime in June.

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 02:35 PM

bang
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 02:36 PM

Dang I was going to fish Roberts this weekend, guess I will choose another now.

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Dang I was going to fish Roberts this weekend, guess I will choose another now.

Me too, plan b was grapevine but it's 10ft above , so I guess I'll have to figure out plan c
Posted By: Delvec

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: steph670
No ramps are open at this time.

If I was a beating man, some time in July.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 03:07 PM

Define Off Limits. They are going to close the lake to boat traffic?

There are private ramps on that lake, and boat slips....
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 03:13 PM

I hope I am not saying something false here but I believe if you have alternate methods(canoe, Kayak, small Jon boat, etc..) that can be launched from the bank, you can fish, we did last time this happened. I am happy the fish will get a break from all the tourneys!
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Delvec
No ramps are open at this time. The "Parkcop" usually will post updates on the forum. Parkcop is his call sign. The lake may be off limits until sometime in June.

July is probably right, after the flood in 2007 it took months to get belton and stillhouse back to pool, they also are tailrace lakes (no gates) but are alot smaller than ray roberts.

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass Buster1
I hope I am not saying something false here but I believe if you have alternate methods(canoe, Kayak, small Jon boat, etc..) that can be launched from the bank, you can fish, we did last time this happened. I am happy the fish will get a break from all the tourneys!

Nope, but I bet I can launch my boat from the bank
Posted By: Chuck N. Wind

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 03:14 PM

A ranger informed me 2 nights ago that all of the state parks will remain completely closed until at least May 28th.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck N. Wind
A ranger informed me 2 nights ago that all of the state parks will remain completely closed until at least May 28th.

Now that's an easy way to avoid dealing with Memorial Day weekend crowds!
Posted By: dragonsdaddy

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 07:36 PM

the waves are lapping at the steps going up the hill at buck creek, if you can imagine that. it will be a while before all the lakes competing to fill the trinity get back to fishable levels. you can color me sad.

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 07:37 PM

Seen it up that high before at buck creek
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 09:05 PM

Same day he was fishing his wind mill

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: RangerBass21
Seen it up that high before at buck creek
not since 2010. how long til the ramps open, historically?
Posted By: adam_p

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 11:28 PM

It has only been higher than this twice. 1990 and 2007. In 1990 it got over the bridge at Buck and still never got in the spillway. In 2007 it got to 641 and the ramps were closed for 45 days.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/15 11:52 PM

Looked at it today, going to be awhile, you should see Txoma, the restaurant/bar at Highport has a couple of feet of water in it, cannot believe they built that thing back at same elevation. bang
Posted By: furim2

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/15/15 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Happykamper
Looked at it today, going to be awhile, you should see Txoma, the restaurant/bar at Highport has a couple of feet of water in it, cannot believe they built that thing back at same elevation. bang

The question you need to ask is, "why does the insurance company keep covering it?" Before the flood of '82 put it under water, the restaurant was a little cafe at the top of the hill. Then came Pompanos. With each flood after that, Loe's got bigger and better. We'll see what insurance gets to pay for this time.

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/17/15 10:50 PM

&amp

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/18/15 12:49 AM

640.50 per the water data website. if the rains come as predicted this week, it will be over quite a bit. the trinity will be flooding for a month or more as all this water is flushed.
Posted By: steph670

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/18/15 01:13 AM

Buck Creek last week
Posted By: Rockfisherman

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/18/15 01:47 AM

WOW

OMG
Posted By: LeoCruz

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/20/15 02:58 AM

I wonder what they would say if ur out on the water fishing from a boat?
Posted By: txhorsedoctor

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/20/15 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By: LeoCruz
I wonder what they would say if ur out on the water fishing from a boat?

I've seen people launching small aluminum boats off Highway 377.

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/20/15 03:34 AM

I think something is wrong with the gates. There is a lot of activity at the pumphouse (9 trucks right now) and they aren't releasing any water. This will get interesting if we get much runoff.
Posted By: Glassangler

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/20/15 03:48 AM

With this rain.....Its going to go over the spill way
No TPW ramps will open for months.... This is DEPRESSING

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/20/15 04:35 AM

It will go over the Buck creek bridge before it hits the spillway. It did it in 1990. Water has never been in the spillway.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/20/15 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Glassangler
With this rain.....Its going to go over the spill way
No TPW ramps will open for months.... This is DEPRESSING
Nah, we cannot get enough rain. wink
Posted By: cob

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/20/15 12:34 PM

Adam is telling it like it was. It got over the Buck Creek bridge in 2007 and still lacked a couple of feet getting to the spillway. Had my boat in the marina and fishing was really good that summer.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/20/15 02:48 PM

Gates are closed. They current river down streem cant handle any more release. Expect ray roberts to jump up. Its getting dangerous. We def dont need anymore. Also looks like 4 inches are expected in the watershed this weekend.
Posted By: furim2

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/20/15 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: cob
Adam is telling it like it was. It got over the Buck Creek bridge in 2007 and still lacked a couple of feet getting to the spillway. Had my boat in the marina and fishing was really good that summer.

That must be how those Smallmouths got in there.

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/20/15 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Barrett
Gates are closed. They current river down streem cant handle any more release. Expect ray roberts to jump up. Its getting dangerous. We def dont need anymore. Also looks like 4 inches are expected in the watershed this weekend.
Guessing it gets to 646 at the spillway, highest its ever been was 644 in 1990 and I'm not sure if it did then, it topped at 641 in 2007.

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/20/15 04:25 PM

640.65 and still rising. http://rayroberts.uslakes.info/Level.asp
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/20/15 07:12 PM

looks like the elevation at the spillway is approx. 645. The following is from an article date 5/11 @ approx. 639ft elevation:

Lewisville Lake is currently 5 feet from spilling over, and Ray Roberts Lake has about 6 more feet before it spills over. Lewisville Lake has spilled over six times since its construction in 1955, most recently in 2007, Jordan said.
The dam at Ray Roberts was completed in 1987, and the spillway hasn’t been engaged, Jordan said.
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/21/15 12:10 PM

The COE lists the flood pool at 640.5, but it appears the spillway is a little higher than that.

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/26/15 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: David Burton
looks like the elevation at the spillway is approx. 645. The following is from an article date 5/11 @ approx. 639ft elevation:

That is right, the spillway is 645 according to COE.

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/26/15 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: cob

Fishing was real good before the ramps closed this time, if a fella was fishing the right water. Good #s and quality. But now that you won't take me fishing, I wouldn't know. bang
Posted By: propman

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/27/15 02:26 PM

Yesterday PM, Tues. May 26, they were clearing the dirt and growth off the edges of the Buck Creek Bridge, so the water would flow over rather than pool on top. Water on the NE side was only a few inches from the road. 922 was closed over Walnut Branch bridge due water over the N side of it.
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/27/15 02:33 PM

I bet it will be six weeks before the lake opens up again. bang
Posted By: basscat dad

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/27/15 03:05 PM

funny thing is i'm catching the exact number of fish on robert's now as i did before the high water...which was exactly none. guess high water doesn't affect me! @#!?*%&# it.
Posted By: boatfisher

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/28/15 10:15 PM

Drove over the dam this afternoon. Doesn't look like any flow through the overflow. Noticed that the water is already clearing up.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/28/15 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: boatfisher
Drove over the dam this afternoon. Doesn't look like any flow through the overflow. Noticed that the water is already clearing up.

With all the water coming from the gainesville flooding this morning it will not be clearing up any time soon.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/29/15 01:20 AM

Another large cell going to dump water on the entire area shortly, I'm starting to think rr will go over the spillway for the first time.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/29/15 02:28 PM

2" of rain at the lake last night, it is coming up quick today
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/29/15 02:38 PM

Please remove this thread , my boat and myself are in a holding pattern . It's never going to open.

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/29/15 05:22 PM

Water is over 377 now at Buck and Range Creek and also on 922 at Elm. Roads are closed.

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/29/15 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Delvec
No ramps are open at this time.

Make that Aug.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum