Texas Fishing Forum

lake granberry

Posted By: Fishingfool24

lake granberry - 05/14/15 02:18 PM

Never been here before can anyone help me please!
Posted By: bigbass87

Re: lake granberry - 05/14/15 02:20 PM

Granbury is probably pretty tough right now with all the new water. That being said it is an easy lake to fish. All the fishy looking spots usually hold fish.
Posted By: B Lee

Re: lake granberry - 05/14/15 02:26 PM

I agree. There is still a lot of fresh water coming in and it look like chocolate milk fish
Posted By: buton

Re: lake granberry - 05/14/15 03:08 PM

probably wait two weeks to get back to normal... lots of floaters around, kind of dangerous going at WOT right now
Posted By: catslayer

Re: lake granberry - 05/14/15 03:13 PM

If its me... I'd go back into the channels where the docks are, they were out of the water before this big deluge, so there will be fresh grass back there if ppl hadn't mowed. LOUD baits. Single colorado spinnerbaits, buzz bait, frog.... jitterbug topwater... chug bug maybe. But i would try to fish that new stuff.
Posted By: G-Money Monster

Re: lake granberry - 05/14/15 03:44 PM

I went and fished around the dam area on May 2nd. The lake was about 1.5 ft low then. Full now. The dam area was the clearest water in the whole lake. I haven't fished this area in years. Fished till I was blue in the face and didn't even get one bite. I love seeing the lake up but it hurts considering how good the fishing was before the lake came up. I drive by it every morning and it still looks like chocolate milk. Maybe by June it will be back in full swing and settled down. But now we have to deal with all the "Save Lake Granbury" sheep who haven't been in their boat in years who are now going to be all over the lake.
Posted By: CLedbetter

Re: lake granberry - 05/14/15 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: G-Money Monster
I went and fished around the dam area on May 2nd. The lake was about 1.5 ft low then. Full now. The dam area was the clearest water in the whole lake. I haven't fished this area in years. Fished till I was blue in the face and didn't even get one bite. I love seeing the lake up but it hurts considering how good the fishing was before the lake came up. I drive by it every morning and it still looks like chocolate milk. Maybe by June it will be back in full swing and settled down. But now we have to deal with all the "Save Lake Granbury" sheep who haven't been in their boat in years who are now going to be all over the lake.

Because the lake is only made for fishing, right.... roflmao
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: lake granberry - 05/15/15 02:05 AM

Fishing is VERY tough right now given the conditions. The only place I have caught them are in the dam area where the grass has been flooded. Pitching as far back as I can into it.
Posted By: RWjr

Re: lake granberry - 05/15/15 11:57 PM

fished there last weekend, fish the weeds in the back of pockets
Posted By: Zach S

Re: lake granberry - 05/16/15 02:22 AM

Headed out there tomorrow. Probably going to get soaked
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: lake granberry - 05/17/15 02:17 AM

Slow Slow Slow day out there today. Had a few pops on a frog way back in the weeds, mostly gar. Only hooked up on one fish running shallow weed lines with a chatter bait, but it ran 4+. Might be a few weeks before Granbury turns into a decent fishing lake again.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum