Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Bridgeport ramps opening up?

Posted By: HaulinBass02

Lake Bridgeport ramps opening up? - 05/14/15 12:57 PM

With Bridgeport having come up over 10' and probably more, have they or is this more than enough to open up all the ramps? Specifically Wise County Park?
I try to always put in there since it puts me out in the canyon where I like to fish anyway....
Posted By: Piper

Re: Lake Bridgeport ramps opening up? - 05/14/15 01:43 PM

My guess would be the lake will have to rise at least another 5-7ft. before they open the ramps at Wise County Park..........

Re: Lake Bridgeport ramps opening up? - 05/14/15 01:48 PM

I answered my own question with some investigation on Google Earth. Image dated 2015, river muddy, HAD to have been taken in past couple of days. My guess is Monday or Tuesday. Boat ramps in water and trucks/trailers in parking lot. I know where I'm headed today if it doesn't rain this afternoon.....
Posted By: Jesse F.

Re: Lake Bridgeport ramps opening up? - 05/14/15 02:33 PM

i believe that photo is from 2012. you may be able to lauch off the ramp on the point now but not at the two ramps in the photo above
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Lake Bridgeport ramps opening up? - 05/14/15 02:34 PM

I don't think the 380 ramp ever closed due to the water.

Re: Lake Bridgeport ramps opening up? - 05/14/15 02:42 PM

Well I guess I may have been wrong then. I went back and could only find the copyright date and not the actual date of the image (on my phone app). I thought they coincided, maybe not.....but on the other hand, and it has been a long while, I thought I used the ramp (before they added the second one) in the past when it was down around this level?

Re: Lake Bridgeport ramps opening up? - 05/14/15 02:47 PM

Well best thing is to always call, talked to Bill there at the park and the old ramps are open, he had two boats launch there this morning. The new ramps however need another 8' or so before they will open....
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Lake Bridgeport ramps opening up? - 05/14/15 08:22 PM

I think I've only used one of those ramps pictured once. I usually use the one farther to the left towards the point.
Posted By: Gunzel

Re: Lake Bridgeport ramps opening up? - 05/14/15 11:38 PM

I agree with Piper, went out to take a look at the lake yesterday evening. South 380 looked real good Wise County park county employee personally told me his supervisor said another 6 or 7' is needed to use ramps pictured above in the google photo.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Lake Bridgeport ramps opening up? - 05/15/15 04:02 AM

Remember there is a low water ramp farther down the point at Wise County Park that should be back in play now. You will see the locals launching and parking there. Its paved but usually silted up at first. I bet its usable now.
Posted By: Eddie Haskell

Re: Lake Bridgeport ramps opening up? - 05/15/15 03:47 PM

I went and took a look at the lake yesterday. The ramp at the dam looked good. There were two trucks and trailers there. There were also two trucks and trailers at the old ramp on the point at Wise County Park. We're a long ways from using the big ramps at the park.
Posted By: davidsonbasser

Re: Lake Bridgeport ramps opening up? - 05/16/15 07:22 AM

Mark makes a good point about that third boat ramp at WC Park. It was usable when the lake was 17 ft low, so I imagine its plenty usable now. Also, anyone done any driving around there at the park in the wooded areas? On one of those loops down from the huge dumpster there was a small ramp that I assume they had just built (it had caution tape blocking it and the cement looked clean as a whistle!). This was back in August or so when i saw it. Wasnt near big enough for full size bass boat but looked like it could launch a jon boat or smaller. I wonder about that now, could be ideal for my 10 footer.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum