Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine ramps??

Posted By: BigShowTexan

Palestine ramps?? - 05/12/15 09:13 PM

I will be honest. I have a small club tournament this weekend. Is there any chance the ramps will be closed? How about the Kickapoo area, will that ramp be usable at 2+ feet high?
Posted By: 90 5.0

Re: Palestine ramps?? - 05/12/15 09:56 PM

Texas BASS Nation there this weekend too
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: Palestine ramps?? - 05/13/15 12:27 AM

All ramps are open and working to my knowledge. 2' high makes that Kickapoo ramp better..

Jody
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Palestine ramps?? - 05/13/15 01:21 AM

do you think the water clarity in the 315 Kickapoo area will be fishing friendly ?
Posted By: ChrisPowellFishing

Re: Palestine ramps?? - 05/13/15 01:58 AM

Kickapoo and the Neches River is normally the Muddiest part of the lake. After all this rain. i would be heading to the south end of the lake looking for water not so muddy. If I was stuck on kickapoo I would flipping Tight to shallow bushes using a strike king rodent or a rage Craw Texas rigged Black and blue in color. Going as slow as i can. fish seem to hold shallower and tighter to color in super dirty water. hope this helps and good luck

Re: Palestine ramps?? - 05/13/15 01:15 PM

How high would the water have to get for them to close?

Re: Palestine ramps?? - 05/13/15 03:23 PM

Lake Palestine has a spillway with it 2' high there is a serious current going out of the lake. I am not sure it can get much higher. But there is a lot of run off that is still coming into the lake. I have never seen it go over 2' high before. I'm guessing that at 4'the Kickapoo ramp parking lot would be flooded and so would the Flat Creek public Ramp. The Villages would also be in trouble at 4' but at 5' high they would be dealing with no peninsula and floating trailers. Not to mention the covered boat stalls. At 4' Lake Palestine Resort would be flooded with water coming very close to entering their new store. I think Deep End would still be fine.

Jody
Posted By: Palestino

Re: Palestine ramps?? - 05/13/15 03:24 PM

Have found that Highsaw and Ledbetter don't get as muddy as Kickapoo. Kickapoo just gets nasty muddy. Don't count out a dock bite also. Doubt you'll see ramps closed at Palestine. Back in 07 I had water 18" over my pier and dock and ramps didn't close. Water was level with my dock this morning. Don't need any more significant rainfall. Hopefully it will start going down later today. Black/Blue/Silver Swimming Flukes if you can find them.

Re: Palestine ramps?? - 05/13/15 04:24 PM

I'm pushing to get the club to move the tournament til next week just to give it time to settle. I don't know it well enough to run it normal much less high with who knows what floating. Can you even get under the bridge at that south ramp on 155?

Re: Palestine ramps?? - 05/13/15 04:27 PM

I'm certain you can get under 155 anywhere but not sure about FM344.

Jody
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum