Texas Fishing Forum

OH IVIE, hey Jerry

Posted By: catslayer

OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/12/15 02:11 PM

Jerry, looks like yall got a little wet stuff from the sky. Did it rain very hard?
Posted By: Hammbone

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/12/15 02:18 PM

Looks like a big storm right over the top of Ivie.

Hope it pours!
Posted By: westxbass82

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/12/15 04:02 PM

They're under a flood advisory right now.
Posted By: McCloud

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/12/15 04:07 PM

We have a tournament there this coming week-end but I hope it starts raining now and keeps it up until Ivie catches around 45.66 ft. of water. If it cancels our tournament, that will be just fine!
COME ON! RAIN ON IVIE!

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/12/15 10:51 PM

Looking like it came up just over .10 of an inch today. Hopefully more on the way! (Per USGS Waterdata website)
Posted By: elm creek

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/12/15 11:45 PM

I was in town picking up supplies and missed the biggest rain of the year frown. We got a little over an inch today and we have 90% chance tomorrow So with any luck we will get some water. We have 5 tourneys this weekend so it's going to be crowded.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/13/15 12:37 AM

I will see you friday Jerry
Posted By: elm creek

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/13/15 12:40 AM

thumb
Posted By: Spike7444

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/13/15 01:19 AM

The people at elm creek are some of the nicest folks around and they are on one of the best lakes in the state in my opinion. Hope yall get a turd floater!!!
God bless

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/13/15 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: elm creek
I was in town picking up supplies and missed the biggest rain of the year frown. We got a little over an inch today and we have 90% chance tomorrow So with any luck we will get some water. We have 5 tourneys this weekend so it's going to be crowded.

well it looks like yall got a dose of it this morning too. COME ON RUN OFF!

... and if it takes you going to town to bring the rain out there... I got a spare bedroom you can stay in until it fills up lol
Posted By: Razorback

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/13/15 02:09 PM

Ivie is on the western edge of the heavy rain shield right now. Let's hope the storms move north faster than they move east. There is a big glob of heavy rain that has formed WSW of the lake and if it moves overhead instead of skirting to the SE Ivie will at least catch some good rain for a while.
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/13/15 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Spike7444
The people at elm creek are some of the nicest folks around and they are on one of the best lakes in the state in my opinion. Hope yall get a turd floater!!!
God bless

I'll add they have some of the best burgers & breakfast burritos also. thumb
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/13/15 02:39 PM

fill her up!!!!!!! I'm ready!
Posted By: WAWI

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/13/15 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Razorback
Ivie is on the western edge of the heavy rain shield right now. Let's hope the storms move north faster than they move east. There is a big glob of heavy rain that has formed WSW of the lake and if it moves overhead instead of skirting to the SE Ivie will at least catch some good rain for a while.

Is that on the concho basin?
Posted By: Razorback

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/13/15 04:51 PM

I think most of the rain already went past Ivie. Dangit.

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/13/15 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Razorback
I think most of the rain already went past Ivie. Dangit.

judging by maps of water shed on LCRA webite, a good bit fell of the concho basin. we'll just have to see.... need a 4+ incher to really get things rolling

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/13/15 06:15 PM

Looking like .20 of an inch up now.
Posted By: pro dirt raker

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/14/15 03:09 AM

Glad every other lake / reservoir in the entire state filled up, but what a let down it has been that Ivie has caught basically nothing...
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/14/15 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: pro dirt raker
Glad every other lake / reservoir in the entire state filled up, but what a let down it has been that Ivie has caught basically nothing...

Hardly.... There are still quite a few that are way down
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/14/15 04:06 AM

yep......Travis is still 60ft low. Now that everything is wet we need a hurricane so all the run off fills it up. I'd like to see Falcon, Ivie and Travis all catch 40+ ft.

Re: OH IVIE, hey Jerry - 05/14/15 01:12 PM

and hubbard creek, and oak creek.... and buttes, and basically everything west of I-35
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum