Texas Fishing Forum

Lake arlington boat ramps open?

Posted By: matto

Lake arlington boat ramps open? - 05/11/15 11:00 PM

I went by the Arkansas one today...that water was way up there. Some guy on the docks said they were gonna shut it down...can anyone confirm this?
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Lake arlington boat ramps open? - 05/11/15 11:29 PM

I looked earlier and saw that it was about 3 get high and was wondering how much more it could take before the ramps weren't usable.
Posted By: WCLBASS

Re: Lake arlington boat ramps open? - 05/11/15 11:42 PM

At 5:30 am this morn,it looked to be very iffy,as you would have to back a long way just to get to enough depth to launch,plus to use the floating docks you would have to wade in knee deep water for at least 15 foot.That was early this morning.I left for J Pool.
Posted By: John Stockman

Re: Lake arlington boat ramps open? - 05/11/15 11:58 PM

I went and checked this afternoon, several trailers in parking lot. Talked to lake patrol, said they are pumping out almost as fast as it's coming in.
Posted By: WCLBASS

Re: Lake arlington boat ramps open? - 05/12/15 01:30 PM

Drove out to Lake Arlington this morning,ramps are up out of the water so the floating docks are now accessible. I also got to meet PABSR50 a fellow TFFer,very nice guy and avid fisherman,its always fun to talk fishing.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Lake arlington boat ramps open? - 05/12/15 01:43 PM

Man, it is GREAT to hear your up and moving around now. Driving...good news. Soon as the dang weather settles down and lakes clear some....we have to go fishing.
God Bless
Originally Posted By: WCLBASS
Drove out to Lake Arlington this morning,ramps are up out of the water so the floating docks are now accessible. I also got to meet PABSR50 a fellow TFFer,very nice guy and avid fisherman,its always fun to talk fishing.
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: Lake arlington boat ramps open? - 05/12/15 03:30 PM

was out there yesterday at lunch. saw a couple of boats look at the ramp and leave!

Posted By: stxhunter

Re: Lake arlington boat ramps open? - 05/12/15 03:40 PM

I almost went out there today. Ended up not making the trip thinking it might rain, now glad I didn't risk it with the ramps.

WCLBASS - any luck at joe pool?
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Lake arlington boat ramps open? - 05/13/15 08:35 PM

What about the southern ramp? Is it open?
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Lake arlington boat ramps open? - 05/13/15 09:41 PM

I went there this morning and had no issues launching at all. I saw places on the lake that I didn't know existed.
Posted By: chevy2011

Re: Lake arlington boat ramps open? - 05/14/15 07:07 PM

The Arkansas ramps are opened today. Saw plenty of boat trailers in the parking lot. Lots of people bank fishing by the piers. Water looks pretty good. Will try there next week.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum