Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update

Posted By: parkcop

Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/10/15 11:02 PM

All boat ramps are now closed on Ray Roberts Lake with the exception of Isle Du Bois. It is currently open, HOWEVER it is close to closure and the lake continues to rise. Additionally, it is flat/shallow around the courtesy dock and will be difficult to launch a trailered boat. There is a real possibility that IDB will close on Monday as well. I will update this thread when that occurs. Thanks.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/10/15 11:04 PM

fish
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/10/15 11:14 PM

I love it. We were worried about area lakes having enough water for ramps to stay open now their closing due to high water. I heard it was tuff out there yesterday I missed it but would love to fish the lake at full pool.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/10/15 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Matt Jackson
I love it. We were worried about area lakes having enough water for ramps to stay open now their closing due to high water. I heard it was tuff out there yesterday I missed it but would love to fish the lake at full pool.
Surely you do not love all the flooding, one person has already died from it, they just had to rescue a couple of others with a helicopter, a train derailed because of it, not much to love about all that. This system needs to get the hell out of here and move out west.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/10/15 11:56 PM

It can move south if it would like. Lakes here are down 30'-85'.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/11/15 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Happykamper
Surely you do not love all the flooding, one person has already died from it, they just had to rescue a couple of others with a helicopter, a train derailed because of it, not much to love about all that. This system needs to get the hell out of here and move out west.

Kamper, I think you take that way in the wrong direction. No one is happy about flooding or people losing their lives. Take the comment for what it was. The irony of how fast things change
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/11/15 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom

Kamper, I think you take that way in the wrong direction. No one is happy about flooding or people losing their lives. Take the comment for what it was. The irony of how fast things change
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/11/15 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom

O h I know it, I am just sick of all this rain, in many areas it is doing more harm than good, from draught to flood and then flood to draught. I have read comments from others that say keep bringing it you can't get too much, I disagree with that, wish it would just rain where needed, wouldn't that be sweet.
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/11/15 12:55 AM

There are positives and negitaves with everything in life. How many people died last year in bass boats? When was the last time you were in one? Did you like it? You better not because people loose their lives in bass boats then in turn people will bash you on an Internet forum if you like bass boats.
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/11/15 12:57 AM

Check back in with us when you return to a stable state of mind.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/11/15 12:59 AM

Lol people will b!tch about the sky being blue
Posted By: FishnDenton

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/11/15 01:28 AM

Can you still fish around the marina, from the bank, if the ramp is closed?
Posted By: SpiderJig

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/11/15 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: FishnDenton
Can you still fish around the marina, from the bank, if the ramp is closed?
yes
Posted By: Blues

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/11/15 01:56 AM

Hard fact of life in Texas....you want lakes full that takes floods, which means heartache for some and joy for others.

A lot of the lakes need a hurricane to help anything.
Posted By: get-bit

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/11/15 02:04 AM

I don't believe you can in the marina. Was there today and there are signs that say no bank fishing in the marina.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/11/15 02:16 AM

Sounds like a bunch of farmers, it's either to dry or too wet. bang
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/11/15 01:47 PM

Comprehension challenged? That's not what he inferred.
Posted By: parkcop

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/11/15 02:04 PM

IDB is now closed.
Posted By: LittleJon

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/11/15 02:10 PM

All ramps including the Marina are closed...
Called both the Marina and TP&W to confirm.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/11/15 04:07 PM

Anyone know what elevation the spillway is?
Posted By: an_average_joe

Re: Ray Roberts Lake Ramps - TPWD update - 05/11/15 04:12 PM

645.5 is spillway crest
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum