Texas Fishing Forum

Best books about bass

Posted By: Jigflippa

Best books about bass - 05/10/15 05:56 PM

Unfortunately I've found myself in a situation where I won't be doing any fishing at all for 140 days. I won't be doing much of anything but working out, reading, and sleeping if you catch my drift. I want to learn more about bass and more so in a biological/scientific way. Any good fishing books too about lures and techniques. The bigger the book the better... Thanks for the help guys!
God Bless
Posted By: eazyduzit

Re: Best books about bass - 05/10/15 06:00 PM

What kinda bird don't fly? It will be over before you know it
Posted By: ShamrockSmith

Re: Best books about bass - 05/10/15 06:07 PM

The best one...
Posted By: RodBreaker CWill

Re: Best books about bass - 05/10/15 06:23 PM

[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics...0a_b4179ffcfb17[/img]
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Best books about bass - 05/10/15 06:39 PM

john hope
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Best books about bass - 05/10/15 10:19 PM

Lots of good books out there. I like these

1. Knowing Bass - Keith Jones. Not easy to find, reads like a textbook but has good info.
2. Big Bass Magic - Doug Hannon
3. In Pursuit of Giant Bass - Bill Murphy
Posted By: squib

Re: Best books about bass - 05/10/15 10:25 PM

In Pursuit of Giant a Bass by Bill Murphy is insightful. The chapters on live bait techniques are not helpful to most, but the chapters on locating fish make it worth the read.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Best books about bass - 05/10/15 10:45 PM

Spoonplugging by Buck Perry, focuses on movements of the bass.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Best books about bass - 05/10/15 11:02 PM

This will probably help

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/10525929
Posted By: ETBA

Re: Best books about bass - 05/11/15 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: squib
In Pursuit of Giant a Bass by Bill Murphy is insightful. The chapters on live bait techniques are not helpful to most, but the chapters on locating fish make it worth the read.

X2 Well worth it!
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: Best books about bass - 05/11/15 01:39 AM

"Modern book of black bass". Its a good read and kind of what your looking for-lots of stuff on biology and why bass act they way they do, I reread it most every year.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Best books about bass - 05/11/15 11:32 AM

Sowbelly by Monte Burke
Posted By: Jay Kumar

Re: Best books about bass - 05/12/15 03:43 PM

This thread already has all my favorites, unless you want to go way into the past like Bass Wars.
Posted By: Krebscycle

Re: Best books about bass - 05/13/15 12:22 AM

Lucas on Bass old but good
Posted By: Okhissa2

Re: Best books about bass - 05/13/15 12:27 AM

The Book Fishing on the Edge by IKE is a good read about how he got started,, even if you not a IKE fan the book is pretty good
Posted By: turbo2nr

Re: Best books about bass - 05/13/15 12:35 AM

Bass Master Shaw Grigsby : Notes on Fishing and Life
not 100% about fishing but a really good book. it's about half fishing and half life story's and staying positive.

KVD bass strategies is good

Fishing on the Edge: Mike Iaconelli, really good book even if you hate him

And anything you can find by Rick clunn
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Best books about bass - 05/13/15 01:53 AM

Knowing bass was really insightful for me. You're best off looking to borrow it from someone, I tried to buy a copy online and they wanted a mint for a copy..
Posted By: stratos1760dv

Re: Best books about bass - 05/13/15 04:55 AM

Buckperry.com the 9 volume home study course. Gives more straight forward easy to understand of how to locate fish than anything I have ever read watched or been told by others including guides. Eliminating water using contour maps for different type bodies of water and understanding bottom structure, water clarity, fish movements daily and seasonally, cold fronts, lure presentation. Talks about trolling but really just showing how to cover water and eliminating water. Also, great DVDs on sonar by the professor Wilson Frazier, itainttv.com mr Frazier sales buck's course with his dvd set. Best money I have ever spent it is not cheap but worth every penny. I now have a system to practice for fishing and using sonar and gps. Not just fishing but have a way systematically find and catch fish. Need to practice it more but so far so good. Let me know, if you pull the trigger on either because I would love to hear what you think. If anyone else has read or watched the above, please let me know your thoughts.
Posted By: largemouthokie

Re: Best books about bass - 05/13/15 03:30 PM

I heard the latest playboy had a good article about bass fishing. I can't find the article but I will keep looking.
Posted By: Viper Rods

Re: Best books about bass - 05/13/15 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: KVS
The best one...

This ^
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Best books about bass - 05/13/15 06:01 PM

Tracking Trophies by John Hope is a very short read and one of the best books out there in my opinion when it comes to big bass. I believe it is only sold at: http://www.outdoortexas.com/jbassbk.htm

Re: Best books about bass - 05/13/15 11:09 PM

Bump

Re: Best books about bass - 05/21/15 03:16 AM

Track'n trophies is great just read it
Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Re: Best books about bass - 05/21/15 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Jalwine
Tracking Trophies by John Hope is a very short read and one of the best books out there in my opinion when it comes to big bass. I believe it is only sold at: http://www.outdoortexas.com/jbassbk.htm
A must read!
Posted By: FishFace.007

Re: Best books about bass - 05/21/15 02:44 PM

Found this at BPS. In Fisherman - Critical Concept #2 Largemouth Bass Location.

It is a ton of info, reads a bit like a text book, but will give you valuable insight in all conditions and most importantly imo will guide you in eliminating water to improve efficiency.

+1 on the KVD Bass Strategies as well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum