Texas Fishing Forum

Grass on Lake Fork

Posted By: Chillin Da Most

Grass on Lake Fork - 05/10/15 01:53 PM

Planning my first trip to Fork in 3 years the week after Memorial Day. Have searched the forum and been reading posts and all I can find on grass is guide reports advising to fish grass shallow from early this month. My question is how is the grass at present with all the high water? We have been doing very good at Toledo Bend in the hay grass but there is little hydrilla where the water is stained. Is there a good bit of hydrilla on Fork right now and what part of the lake should I look for it one? Also, is there any shoreline hay grass?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Grass on Lake Fork - 05/10/15 02:01 PM

They arent talking about hydrilla. Its flooded shoreline vegetation
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Grass on Lake Fork - 05/10/15 02:08 PM

I was on Fork a month ago and I don't think there is any hydrilla. Shallow grass is all I know of.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Grass on Lake Fork - 05/10/15 02:37 PM

Found hydrilla on the west side of the Caney arm from Alligator to 154 last weekend. It's out deeper
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Grass on Lake Fork - 05/10/15 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Ol Man River
I was on Fork a month ago and I don't think there is any hydrilla. Shallow grass is all I know of.

There is some hydrilla out there.
Posted By: lakeforkfishon

Re: Grass on Lake Fork - 05/10/15 03:45 PM

if your after hydrilla..fish Caney Point RV resort..it's full of it.

Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Grass on Lake Fork - 05/10/15 04:07 PM

Most of it will be submerged for sure but almost any shoreline is going to hold some grass. Shallow humps out in the lake too. You can use your fish finder/graph to locate larger more productive ones, though any grass will hold fish.............I have fished the Caney Point area several times and caught fish. My longest fish came from that point......I've had good luck throwing a 3/4 oz. Strike King perch colored spinnerbait where I could find pockets between the shore line an the grass. In this case it might be productive to slow roll or rip one over the grass since the lake will give you that capability.........
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Grass on Lake Fork - 05/10/15 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: lakeforkfishon
if your after hydrilla..fish Caney Point RV resort..it's full of it.

Only thing missing is the 117 boats that are usually beating on it..... roflmao
Posted By: lakeforkfishon

Re: Grass on Lake Fork - 05/10/15 05:54 PM

Don't worry, I'll show some more thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum