Texas Fishing Forum

granbury

Posted By: EMMIT

granbury - 05/07/15 04:14 PM

hows the bass fishing on Granbury since the water came up?
Posted By: One fish Bill

Re: granbury - 05/07/15 04:21 PM

Terrible
Posted By: CLedbetter

Re: granbury - 05/07/15 04:25 PM

Generally, do guys have more luck on the north end or the southern end (near the dam and old power plant)?
Posted By: catslayer

Re: granbury - 05/07/15 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Consul1855
Generally, do guys have more luck on the north end or the southern end (near the dam and old power plant)?

YES....

the lake has a lot of fish, i would say i focus mid lake to dam though...

I bet it is JACKED up the fishing with the water. I know another lake like this that was low a few years back. Being low caused all the docs to rust, when it came up it effect the pH of the water and put the fish in a bad mood for about 3 months....
Posted By: Texjef84

Re: granbury - 05/07/15 07:27 PM

Haven't had a fish kill in a few years, striper and sandies are in good shape and when the lake has had time to settle out between rains some have been on here reporting good bass numbers. I'm personally looking forward to the summer to try and find some bass patterns and fish some of the week night tourneys.
Posted By: wetduck

Re: granbury - 05/07/15 10:51 PM

looking forward to fishing the docks this year
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: granbury - 05/07/15 11:43 PM

It's rough out there right now. Water is starting to settle a bit. Been out twice and haven't caught anything but Sand Bass.
Posted By: ScottCook

Re: granbury - 05/08/15 12:23 PM

Yep, it's hard to get away from the sandies. They're biting where the real bass should be on chartreuse/blue back shallow cranks baits.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum