Texas Fishing Forum

need a boat captain for highschool bass tournament west division

Posted By: maalek elmasri

need a boat captain for highschool bass tournament west division - 05/06/15 10:43 PM

Hello I need a boat captain for the lake Tyler THSBA bass tournament it will be me and my partner, I have a place we can stay in quitman tx that way we will not need to get a hotel, the tournament will be the 15-17 the 15th is to prefish please message me if you're available to captain.

Thank you
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: need a boat captain for highschool bass tournament west division - 05/06/15 11:23 PM

The boat captain must have captained in 1 Open event to be eligible to captain the Chamionship. Just letting you know.
Does not have to be someone that captained your team, just had to be involved in the open events.
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: need a boat captain for highschool bass tournament west division - 05/07/15 02:47 AM

It would be cheaper to stay in Tyler. Quitman is a long way from Lake Tyler.

Re: need a boat captain for highschool bass tournament west division - 05/11/15 12:33 PM

Yes I am aware but their are still people that have captained a tourney for the THSBA on the fishing forum
Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Re: need a boat captain for highschool bass tournament west division - 05/11/15 11:02 PM

So you cant fish in the championship if you cant find a captain that has helped in one tournament this year? What is the reasoning behind that I wonder? Seems the goal is to get the kids on the water.

Re: need a boat captain for highschool bass tournament west division - 05/11/15 11:21 PM

Rowlettfisherman, the reason for the Boat captain to have to had fished in one event is to keep teams from picking local sticks to be the boat captain for a 1 time event, especially when there is the Scholarship moneies involved.
It has been in the rules all year long and it is unfortunate that there may be some teams not able to compete due to this.
I am also a team advisor as well and had to plan my captains accordingly.

Thank you
Ken

Re: need a boat captain for highschool bass tournament west division - 05/11/15 11:34 PM

Maalek, what school are you with, do you have a room and etc...

Re: need a boat captain for highschool bass tournament west division - 05/12/15 12:03 AM

Maalek, I have sent a email to all the team advisors, hopefully someone will come through.

Re: need a boat captain for highschool bass tournament west division - 05/12/15 12:31 AM

I'm wit James Martin highschool we aren't trying to find local sticks it's just our captain has another tourney this weekend, me and my partner are 1st in our school, we really hope we can get someone and I had plans to stay with a family member in quitman but it's a little far so I don't have a room yet.

Re: need a boat captain for highschool bass tournament west division - 05/12/15 12:46 AM

I understand, but that's why the rule was put in place this year. If someone responds I will make sure they get ahold of your advisor to get your contacts. I will not give a stranger your contact, it will go through your advisor.
Posted By: Gangster

Re: need a boat captain for highschool bass tournament west division - 05/12/15 12:53 AM

I just wish they would let us fish. Not compete or anything just be able to pass the time but I can understand why. bang

Re: need a boat captain for highschool bass tournament west division - 05/12/15 03:57 AM

Ok thanks ken , did any of your team advisors respond to you?
Posted By: K-F

Re: need a boat captain for highschool bass tournament west division - 05/12/15 12:35 PM

PM sent. I may have a boat CPT for you.
Posted By: K-F

Re: need a boat captain for highschool bass tournament west division - 05/12/15 12:41 PM

Hi Ken - does the boat captain have to have captained a team this year? I've got a buddy that captained a team a couple of times last year. Just wanted to check before I ask him.

Thanks,

K-F

Re: need a boat captain for highschool bass tournament west division - 05/13/15 12:16 AM

K-F yes sir they do. Unfortunately.

Kids if I hear something I will email your advisors. I am eating off here for a few days. Tired of all the Negative comments .

Hopefully someone will contact us.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum