Texas Fishing Forum

TackleTours rating of Spotstickers S.O.B Mini-Me spinnerbait

Posted By: Thad Rains

TackleTours rating of Spotstickers S.O.B Mini-Me spinnerbait - 05/06/15 06:07 PM

You now no longer have to take my word on how well the bait is built. The only knock they had on it was that the skirt was average or below average, but everything else was great.

http://tackletour.com/reviewsobminimespinnerbait.html

Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: TackleTours rating of Spotstickers S.O.B Mini-Me spinnerbait - 05/06/15 06:22 PM

They have always been a good spinnerbait.
Posted By: rkd

Re: TackleTours rating of Spotstickers S.O.B Mini-Me spinnerbait - 05/06/15 08:15 PM

The spotsticker jighead and the Mini-me spinnerbait were my top two lures on Lake Lanier. We were fishing the spotsticker WAY before all the other shakey head jigs caught on. Haven't had as much success back in Texas with the Mini-me spinnerbait. The bigger traditional spinnerbaits have been far more productive for me now that I am back to targeting largemouths instead of spots.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: TackleTours rating of Spotstickers S.O.B Mini-Me spinnerbait - 05/06/15 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin
They have always been a good spinnerbait.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: TackleTours rating of Spotstickers S.O.B Mini-Me spinnerbait - 05/06/15 09:17 PM

But you would think if you were going to order a 100 of something, they would get right on it. It has been over a week.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: TackleTours rating of Spotstickers S.O.B Mini-Me spinnerbait - 05/06/15 10:04 PM

Donald,

If Ryan is doing it like Bill Dee did, they are hand made, one at a time baits. So, it does take a while to get a bunch ordered out to you. They do not have a bunch made up, as the person ordering them can customize the bait somewhat to their tastes. I am not affiliated with Spotsticker baits, but I am a friend of Ryan's.

Thad Rains
Posted By: 04champ

Re: TackleTours rating of Spotstickers S.O.B Mini-Me spinnerbait - 05/06/15 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Thad Rains
Donald,

If Ryan is doing it like Bill Dee did, they are hand made, one at a time baits. So, it does take a while to get a bunch ordered out to you. They do not have a bunch made up, as the person ordering them can customize the bait somewhat to their tastes. I am not affiliated with Spotsticker baits, but I am a friend of Ryan's.

Thad Rains

And I hope he is!

Bill's operation was Bill and his wife. A room in his garage, if I recall. Everything made to order.

Re: TackleTours rating of Spotstickers S.O.B Mini-Me spinnerbait - 05/07/15 12:31 AM

It's not that; the order hasn't been placed yet. He has spent a lot of time checking with suppliers to get me what I want and I appreciate that. I know they are one of the best baits on the market but if he can't get it that is OK also. I try to buy the best blanks and dusted blades that I can get to build baits for my customers.
Posted By: SpotSticker Baits

Re: TackleTours rating of Spotstickers S.O.B Mini-Me spinnerbait - 05/09/15 08:40 PM

Thad, thanks so much for the plug. We were very happy about Tackle Tours evaluation of the spinnerbait. We are doing our best to
carry on the tradition of quality baits that Bill and Lana performed for so many years. Being involved with S.O.B. Fishing products for
as long as I have, I understand the difficulties of being a custom builder.

rkd, if you like the larger Spinnerbait frames, you should try our Shad Head baits. They are the same quality and craftsmanship as the
Mini-me but on a larger frame bait. No hidden weight. We sell a good many of those baits to Texas customers as well as up north. I
can pretty much make any color that Bill and Lana did for the years they owned the company. Thanks so much for the kind words.

Don, we did what we did to try and accommodate your request. We are a custom builder but when you are talking about a totally different
head design with different eye sockets, that is not something I can produce for you in a day. I spent a few days trying to find something
that could match your request and it was not available. We could make a mold for you and produce the baits but each mold cost us over
$300 per size. If that is something you are interested it, we could talk. Sorry I took too much time with your request. I hope you dont hold
it against us. We are manufacturing custom build spinnerbaits right now and delivering in just a few days. That is much faster than ever.

Good luck everyone and let us know if we can do anything to help you.

Ryan Coleman
SpotSticker Baits

Re: TackleTours rating of Spotstickers S.O.B Mini-Me spinnerbait - 05/09/15 09:43 PM

I know you worked hard at it Ryan. I will be back and we can make some adjustments here and there and get it done.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: TackleTours rating of Spotstickers S.O.B Mini-Me spinnerbait - 05/09/15 09:50 PM

gone over to war eagle here... Wire tied is the way to go and you can't beat the price...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum