Texas Fishing Forum

AmIstad Help!

Posted By: Mission 3:16

AmIstad Help! - 05/06/15 03:43 AM

Ok I need some help figuring this out. I have been to Amistad ALOT the last few months and I have still not been able to get on a consistent bite much less catch anything over 3lbs. I feel like everything I used to know about this lake is useless now. Someone save me before I go insane! Lol
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/06/15 03:48 AM

Hire Reelin' Ray Hanselman.
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/06/15 12:35 PM

Fish are still there, techniques/locations may need to change. Grass is growing. Got her on Sunday during a club tourney 8.4 lbs.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/06/15 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Mission 3:16
Ok I need some help figuring this out. I have been to Amistad ALOT the last few months and I have still not been able to get on a consistent bite much less catch anything over 3lbs. I feel like everything I used to know about this lake is useless now. Someone save me before I go insane! Lol

Sounds about right.. look at most of the tournament results from this spring.
Even the local toughs are hit or miss they may get on some this week and zip the next.
Best thing is there are a lot of smaller healthy fish this year and they should have had a VERY good spawn this year with the water staying up in the flooded re-growth that grew when the lake was down this last time. fish
Posted By: Thinwater skinner

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/06/15 02:24 PM

Bommer, would have guessed that fish much bigger if I had caught it. Nice catch

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/06/15 02:32 PM

Yes, I thought so also. Should have been a 10+, weighed her with my portable then with the club scales both right on. I have a big hand and plenty of room in her mouth. 7 FOW out of the trees.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/06/15 03:21 PM

Beautiful Bass 6BOOMER. Thanks for sharing.

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/06/15 03:24 PM

Thank you Sir this was new PB finally and released for another day.

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/06/15 09:56 PM

Quote:
Hire Reelin' Ray Hanselman

I may be able to help with that, Won a guided trip with Ray during the Permian SIT last Sept not used. Talked to Ray prior to Texoma and was still good. Will post if selling.

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/07/15 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: 6BOOMER

Very nice fish for these days on Amistad. woot

How long have you lived at Del Rio ?
Posted By: ShallowWaterKing

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/07/15 02:11 AM

Was there Saturday and had 14-15 fish on jerk bait in 8-12 ft points...I have a good time just about every time down there seems like...although biggest was like 4lbs
Posted By: Walls

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/07/15 02:50 AM

I[s][/s]
Fish are still there, techniques/locations may need to change. Grass is growing. Got her on Sunday during a club tourney 8.4 lbs.

Beautiful fish! Congrats!!

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/07/15 11:40 AM

Quote:
Very nice fish for these days on Amistad.

How long have you lived at Del Rio ?

Fishnfireman, been in Del Rio since 1987. Fishing and hunting for fun. Tourny fishing two years now. banana

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/07/15 12:10 PM

It's a neat place. flag

Which club tourney were you fishing ?

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/07/15 12:13 PM

Rio Grande Bass Club. Currently 50+Members all active fishing. Most of the old boys have moved on decent club for the area.

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/11/15 12:40 AM

Very nice fish thumb my PB is hanging at Amistad Marine. fish On the West wall by the Yammamoto baits.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/11/15 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: fishnfireman

Very nice fish thumb my PB is hanging at Amistad Marine. fish On the West wall by the Yammamoto baits.

You buy a Ranger from Jim?

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/11/15 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: dmr183

No sir. Just known him and Gail for a LONG time.. That and my wife was not happy with my fish over the mantle. whip
Posted By: pil,b

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/11/15 02:28 AM

Carp don't make a very good mount. peep

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/11/15 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: pil,b
Carp don't make a very good mount. peep

No but crappie do... cheers
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/12/15 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: dmr183

No sir. Just known him and Gail for a LONG time.. That and my wife was not happy with my fish over the mantle. whip

Jim and Gail are great people, I basically grew up in their old place down the road. Are you from Del Rio?
Posted By: Fish hunter 59

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/12/15 01:41 AM

Nope he's a transplant! Lol Air Force has put a bunch of us here!

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/19/15 07:11 PM

[/quote]

Jim and Gail are great people, I basically grew up in their old place down the road. Are you from Del Rio? [/quote]

No sir; I live in Amarillo and got to know Jim and Gail and many others back in the mid 90's....The fishing was unbelievable back then and we would spend as much time as possible down there from Sept. through April. We would leave the boat in storage and go down 2 or 3 times a month and stay 4 - 6 days each time.. It's a wonder my wife did not divorce me. walking

Re: AmIstad Help! - 05/20/15 12:21 PM

Yes they are great people. And like Fish hunter 59 says many of us transplanted to DR and stayed from the AF. Del Rio is different and tends to grow on you. Hopefully the fishing will go back to the good old days. Rebounding some will take a couple years. flag
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum