Texas Fishing Forum

What would you do? Electronics Question!

Posted By: Swimbaiter

What would you do? Electronics Question! - 05/06/15 02:46 AM

Long story short:

My Humminbird 899si has grown legs and walked away mad

I currently have 2 - Humminbird 788c's on my boat. 1 at the trolling motor. 1 at the console. (From the factory)

That being said I'm tossing up the idea of what I want to do as far as a new graph at the console.

I am looking to sell the 788c's. And then put a replacement at the trolling motor.

What is everyone's opinions? Would you buy another 899 put it on the console and buy another Humminbird and link the two? Do I switch to Lowrance and get 2 HDS?

What's the easiest thing to do in this situation?

What graph are you running and why? And if you dislike one why do you?
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: What would you do? Electronics Question! - 05/06/15 04:01 AM

You're going to get a mixed bag of opinions here. Get out in a boat with the various brands and use them on the water, the simulator mode in the store simulates the most ideal of situations and not real life use. I bit the sales pitch of pro staff and looking at them in the store, then found out on the water I couldn't see things well with them. Sold them for much less than I paid and bought different ones that work for me. I'm not naming brands because to me it really doesn't matter, its all personal preference.
Posted By: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin

Re: What would you do? Electronics Question! - 05/06/15 07:15 PM

Good advice from rx. Its ford or chevy booth good.. I fished with guides, friends with 899 and nothing looks as good as my HDS 12. BUT its what i know how to use and I would not make a change. Also I did not think I needed bigger until I got one ! What a difference.. My 2 cents biggest you can afford. Sorry about something you worked for walking away. A Wipes
Posted By: Baylor_Guy�

Re: What would you do? Electronics Question! - 05/06/15 07:30 PM

The best rule of thumb when purchasing electronics for your boat is always always always get the best that you can afford. I get asked on a daily basis what is the best brand to go with and my answer is always the same "One is a Chevy and one is a Ford". Its all about what you are use to and what you can be most confident in. If I was in your situation, I would go with another Humminbird, again the best one that you can afford, so that you can link your units together.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum