Texas Fishing Forum

Honey hole older episodes

Posted By: catslayer

Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 04:30 AM

hey was looking for pre 2014 episodes that used to be online... is there there anywhere to watch them anymore? they only have 2014 on the sight or their youtube channel. anybody know where we can see the "classic one"
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 08:55 AM

The older episodes are no longer available online.

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 01:27 PM

mad

LAME

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 03:22 PM

It's actually not lame. There's a number of reasons why the shows are no longer available. The most obvious of those are as follows: 1. Conflicting sponsors. 2. Music and Branding that's no longer representative of our show. 3. SD formatting.

Even if we could resolve the above issues the simple fact is that Dirk doesn't have enough time given his current workload and responsibilities to spend time with older episodes. There's not enough demand for them and with the issues mentioned above it's a moot point to discuss it.

We spend our time/efforts improving the show and making it better now. While we respect Honey Hole's past, we are focused on its present and future.

Thanks for the feedback

Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Jones
It's actually not lame. There's a number of reasons why the shows are no longer available. The most obvious of those are as follows: 1. Conflicting sponsors. 2. Music and Branding that's no longer representative of our show. 3. SD formatting.

Even if we could resolve the above issues the simple fact is that Dirk doesn't have enough time given his current workload and responsibilities to spend time with older episodes. There's not enough demand for them and with the issues mentioned above it's a moot point to discuss it.

We spend our time/efforts improving the show and making it better now. While we respect Honey Hole's past, we are focused on its present and future.

Thanks for the feedback

thumb
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 04:39 PM

loco
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 05:07 PM

Thanks for the feedback

see catslayer, obviously not lame.... roflmao
Posted By: CTA

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 05:43 PM

The crew of Honey Hole puts out a great show. I enjoy watching and really appreciate their efforts.

Keep up the good work Honey Hole!
Posted By: cegrace

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 05:52 PM

I don't know anything about the legal issues or sponsorship part of it. I am a teacher, the sponsor for the Forney High School Bass Club, and the Vice-President of the Texas High School Bass Association. I think the old Honey Hole videos would be excellent teaching tools for our students. It could teach them techniques and different ways to catch fish on local lakes. I think there might be a market or a need for them as educational materials as Texas high school bass fishing grows.

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 06:16 PM

They do not have time as mentioned above, therefore contact Bass Champs and they will be glad to assist you and your school program.

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 08:08 PM

No, it is still lame, sorry guys, same way it is lame that the only Bassmaster episodes available other than the classic only go back to like 2008. When it changed into the elites.

I get the "conflict" I get that they want to get what they are paying for in the world of advertising... I get it... But if you don't think the old episodes draw attention when somebody is going to visit a lake and looking up past episodes your crazy. And lets be honest, how many of the marking things are still working, yes there is the big previous sponsor... yes it annoys me that legal part of things gets in the way of the spirit of the thing.

I love some of the changes, I LOVE the hd. I love that it is alive and well. And in my opinion the web coverage provided is second to none, I wish every show would do it the way yall do.

But I know for a fact there were old episodes online on youtube going WAY back... It took effort to remove them... they are somewhere I HOPE. You don't need to reformat, we know what we are getting lol.

Heck I would pay to have ALL the episodes pressed on a DVD... Separated by season. If you could get it where nobody was "MAKING" money, just paying for costs then I don't see what the problem is. I mean I can't go back and watch my buddy catch his 10 on joe pool, and I can't go back and drool when Bill and MC caught about every big fish in the lake on Carolina rigs on (ray hubbard? it was 2012 season I think)
And those are just off the top of my head, and I'm YOUNG. Yeah it would be a labor of love to organize and I guess for it to actually happen you would have to edit out all the commercials... I know NOTHING about editing or I would look into it... Idk we have a Mac that's all you need right? roflmao

I get that your trying to move forward and I support and appreciate that. But there is a difference in embracing your past... and admitting there is a past lol. Bill does a great job with the intro to the show now with the brief lesson.

I'm not mad, I'm not trying to offend anybody... I'm just being honest about it.
Posted By: hardin19

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 08:14 PM

have there been any talks of putting out a DVD or DVD's of the complete honey hole series including all past seasons?

If not what would honey hole need from us as viewers to see about making that happen? personally I would buy a complete series in a heart beat.
Posted By: jnogreen

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 08:26 PM

I Concur.

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 08:36 PM

All of the asks/options that have been posted here have been considered at one time or another. They all lead to the same end result. You have old episodes on tape, in old SD formatting, with old sponsors, old music, etc It comes down to bandwidth and there's not enough of it as Dirk is the only person managing the production and editing. All of his time is spent shooting and editing our current shows.

We get it completely but it's simply not possible in our current setup up and we get maybe a handful of requests each year for older episodes. Sorry there's not a better answer but it is what it is.
Posted By: Karl Dietz

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 08:43 PM

If be happy if Bill would guess at the fish's weight! I just hate hearing "that's a good one"!
Posted By: DustyHartOutdoors

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 08:46 PM

popcorn

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 08:46 PM

Ok, that's fair... so if there was somebody or a group of somebody's willing to DONATE, time and bandwidth... what would be needed or would there be a way to make it happen? I bet I can find some college or just out guys who got the chops, or can learn them(or I could get my wife to do it cause she learned that in the school we paid for lol).

My one issue with your comment is that there were videos already digitized and on youtube reaching back a ways... even if we just started there would be something... pm if you don't want to get into it out here. But I feel like if computer power and manpower/hours is the issue... we can fix that
Posted By: hardin19

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 08:47 PM

new episode every week, good point. I should do the math before I type lol.

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 08:48 PM

Cull-M -Rite is not their sponsor.

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: KB1953
Cull-M -Rite is not their sponsor.

Correct

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: catslayer
Ok, that's fair... so if there was somebody or a group of somebody's willing to DONATE, time and bandwidth... what would be needed or would there be a way to make it happen? I bet I can find some college or just out guys who got the chops, or can learn them(or I could get my wife to do it cause she learned that in the school we paid for lol).

My one issue with your comment is that there were videos already digitized and on youtube reaching back a ways... even if we just started there would be something... pm if you don't want to get into it out here. But I feel like if computer power and manpower/hours is the issue... we can fix that

Completely appreciate the offer but at this point we have no plans to manage legacy episodes and archives or to outsource it.

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 09:14 PM

Completely appreciate the offer but at this point we have no plans to manage legacy episodes and archives or to outsource it.

eek2

OOOOOOOK.... duly noted
Posted By: LoneStarHusker

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 09:35 PM

Love the show. Also wish there was a way to see more of the older episodes. Let us know if the plan ever changes and how we can help!
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 10:18 PM

There is still an old-ish episode out there. 2006 Ray Hubbard up the river with Kernan. Wonder why that one is still up. Probably has something to do with the Nitro shirt Mike has on.

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRaider3933

There is still an old-ish episode out there. 2006 Ray Hubbard up the river with Kernan. Wonder why that one is still up. Probably has something to do with the Nitro shirt Mike has on.

There are various old episodes hanging around that are uploaded to other individuals YouTube accounts. Has zero to do with what Mike is wearing and everything to do with the fact that we only control our Honey Hole All Outdoors channels.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/05/15 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRaider3933

There are various old episodes hanging around that are uploaded to other individuals YouTube accounts. Has zero to do with what Mike is wearing and everything to do with the fact that we only control our Honey Hole All Outdoors channels.

See now that makes sense. I will insert my foot into my mouth and I apologize.
Posted By: Bud Will(iams) Fish

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/06/15 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Karl Dietz
If be happy if Bill would guess at the fish's weight! I just hate hearing "that's a good one"!

Then they would be fielding complaints about how he guessed weights wrong. TV adds 10#s.
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: Honey hole older episodes - 05/06/15 12:52 PM

Like cegrace, I am boat captain with the Texas High School Bass Association and searched for older episodes three days ago. Love the show, hear its a resource problem loud and clear but just wanted you to know that there is probably lots of interest in legacy footage and would be lots of eyeballs on those episodes if you ever get more resource.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum