Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni-report

Posted By: Bass98

Tawakoni-report - 05/04/15 02:23 PM

Just curious...anyone been out there since it filled up some? I know a lot of people myself included are excited to fish it this summer.

Re: Tawokoni - 05/05/15 12:49 AM

...guess I need to get out there and find out myself lol. All I know is that Towakoni is a shallow water bass fishery and all this flooded stuff will only help. Its amazing to me that when we used to take our inflatable boat out there and fish the state park cove that you could catch fish after fish in shallow water on a spinnerbait in the middle of the summer. When it got low that cove didn't exist for awhile.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Tawokoni - 05/05/15 01:53 AM

Tawakoni

Re: Tawokoni - 05/05/15 01:59 AM

Lol my bad...thought sure that was an o.

Re: Tawokoni - 05/09/15 02:28 AM

Got a chance to fish out there this afternoon. We launched at the white point causeway ramp off 751. We fished Hawk cove and a couple other smaller coves in the Waco Bay area. Water was very stained pretty much muddy. 4 inches visibility at best. Water temp was 76-79. We fished spinner baits and chatter baits in a few different colors. We couldn't keep the sand bass off these. Ended up catching about 25 of those. We caught one bass about 2 pounds at the back of a pocket. It was on a chartreuse spinner bait. Tried a frog and plastics but didn't get a bite. Sure was nice to see the lake up though. We got poured on while driving back home. Hopefully the lake continues to fill. There is more flooded cover than anyone could know what to do with.
Posted By: IIIMag

Re: Tawokoni - 05/09/15 03:36 AM

Thanks for the report. I fished the Waco Bay area and Rabbit Cove a couple of weeks ago with similar results and observations, minus the sand bass bite. I loved the water being up but couldn't find water that was not muddy.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum