Texas Fishing Forum

New accurist instant backlash

Posted By: Jigflippa

New accurist instant backlash - 04/29/15 11:56 PM

Bought a new accurist on a combo. Had 12 lb mono on the combo. First cast was a massive backlash. Had to totally respool it with different line. Instant backlash again with spool tension cranked and magnetic break fully engaged. Wtf? I'm livid
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: New accurist instant backlash - 04/30/15 12:14 AM

Try it on a different rod or distant weight lure. My experience is that those rods on the combos are pretty crappy.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: New accurist instant backlash - 04/30/15 12:22 AM

Just push the button and let the lure fall to the floor. If it free spools off to the floor then it is not adjusted properly. Keep fooling with it until you have to shake the rod tip to get it to fall a little then it will stop. Shake it again and it will fall a little farther; then it is set properly.
Posted By: ForkedJames

Re: New accurist instant backlash - 04/30/15 01:51 AM

I don't know if Accurist is this way but some reels have to have switches flipped before the mag brakes work. Remove the side plate and see. Like I said not sure.
Posted By: Chance22

Re: New accurist instant backlash - 04/30/15 02:29 AM

I own one I will never own another seems like I never quit having to adjust it! I rarely pull it out of the rod box anymore I will stick with my lew's.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: New accurist instant backlash - 04/30/15 02:45 AM

I don't have any Accurist but I do have some Quantum's and they too are very difficult to cast and set up. I don't know why but they gave me trouble with the same thing. Just could not set them up for casting. They do work ok as a pitchin reel though.
Posted By: timwins31

Re: New accurist instant backlash - 04/30/15 03:33 AM

I bought a new Accurist too. . .I've never had to screw with a reel so much to get it dialed in. Like someone said, I'll just stick to my Lew's. I've always liked Quantum but the last few years have really disappointed me.
Posted By: Undertaker56

Re: New accurist instant backlash - 04/30/15 12:53 PM

Lews all the way set mine once and done.... banana
Posted By: SpiderJig

Re: New accurist instant backlash - 04/30/15 01:00 PM

You get what you pay for bolt
Posted By: GoArmy

Re: New accurist instant backlash - 04/30/15 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: SpiderJig
You get what you pay for bolt

Stupid!
Have any of you removed the side plate? There is a second adjustment on the spool.
Posted By: Xrod

Re: New accurist instant backlash - 04/30/15 05:05 PM

Same thing here. Finally looked inside the side plate, there is a THIRD dial for adjustment. Casts fine now.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: New accurist instant backlash - 04/30/15 05:07 PM

Mail it to me and Go buy a lews.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: New accurist instant backlash - 05/01/15 03:12 AM

I have removed every plate turned every knob and for some reason my two Quantums just give me trouble. Like I said though I found a good use for them as pitching reels so I don't worry about it anymore.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum