Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon will be in flood stage

Posted By: slim 285

Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/25/15 09:39 PM

I just drove over the east fork on 380. Lot more water going into the lake. After the Trinity slows down they will be releasing water. The river in Ray Hubbard will finally get a drink
Posted By: MV

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/25/15 11:34 PM

.15 shy of full pool at 5:00pm today. hope they don't come off water restriction.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/25/15 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: MV
.15 shy of full pool at 5:00pm today. hope they don't come off water restriction.

Prosper lighten it up last month

Frisco is suppose to go back to twice a week watering May 1st and this was before the heavy rains..
Posted By: TR176

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/26/15 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger
Originally Posted By: MV

Prosper lighten it up last month

Frisco is suppose to go back to twice a week watering May 1st and this was before the heavy rains..

Yes, watering restrictions have been restored to twice a week in all the northern suburbs that get water from, lavon, Chapman, and a little from Texoma.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/26/15 12:55 AM

.10 at 7:55 (let's call it 8:00). Wow, simply amazing!

COE needs to update the closures for these lakes. Still show several closed for low water.

TPWD still has the warning about low water in Cedar Creek.

This is just such a blessing!!!!
Posted By: Crazyfish

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/26/15 01:53 AM

I guess the river will get a good douche really soon. It's been a few years.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/26/15 02:21 AM

Been a long time coming.

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/26/15 03:24 AM

At 10.00 pm the lake had filled and was over full pool .02 of a inch.

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/26/15 03:27 AM

According to news articles in 2012, at 492.5 COE is required to open flood gates!
Posted By: MV

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/26/15 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By: David Burton
.10 at 7:55 (let's call it 8:00). Wow, simply amazing!

COE needs to update the closures for these lakes. Still show several closed for low water.

TPWD still has the warning about low water in Cedar Creek.

This is just such a blessing!!!!

I use www.lakelevel.info

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/26/15 03:39 AM

Originally Posted By: David Burton
According to news articles in 2012, at 492.5 COE is required to open flood gates!
They will hold the water back waiting for the Trinity down below Dallas to settle down before releasing . In 90 or 91 I seen it at the highest it had ever been. I think it was something like 11' over full pool. At that time they had to raise the flood gates open more than they ever had. I was standing on top of the dam looking down at all the water being released and could fill the dam shaking and rocking and rolling. It did not take long for us to get the hell out of there.
You are right about them having to release the water but only when conditions allow for them to do it without further flooding down stream.

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/26/15 03:41 AM

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/tx/nwis/current/?type=lake&group_key=basin_cd
This is the one all the rest get there data from.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/26/15 11:19 AM

Lavon drainage is what makes Ray Hubbard so good...now flush the hydrilla from the river and set it free to grow in Ray Hubbard main lake.

Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/26/15 02:30 PM

Cool, if they top off Ray Hub they'll turn the pumps off here @ Cooper. TWOK still needs more rain so they may keep the pumps running @ Fork for a while........
Posted By: rodiebob

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/26/15 04:44 PM

Wow, Lavon full again, Texoma close, Chapman -.50, Fork-.50 Hubbard reading -3.50 close to navigable in river..Does need a release from lavon, unfortunately the mouth last time I was in ther silted..We need a colon blow there..
Posted By: Atta

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/26/15 09:10 PM

They will open the gates soon to get hubbard full. Just a matter of time. They haven't closed the gates on hubbard all year. Every time I check they are dumping water. Not a lot but still frustrating to see em dump water.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/26/15 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: rodiebob
Wow, Lavon full again, Texoma close, Chapman -.50, Fork-.50 Hubbard reading -3.50 close to navigable in river..Does need a release from lavon, unfortunately the mouth last time I was in ther silted..We need a colon blow there..

The river is still a ways from accessible unless you can blindly drive thru a wall of vegetation 5 feet tall for 300 yards that has more bugs in it than you can stand. We need 4 gates open a few feet to really blow it out.
Posted By: fly_on_a_xpress

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/27/15 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Tiltman
Originally Posted By: rodiebob

The river is still a ways from accessible unless you can blindly drive thru a wall of vegetation 5 feet tall for 300 yards that has more bugs in it than you can stand. We need 4 gates open a few feet to really blow it out.

Bugs one thing probably more like snakes, pigs and anything thing that can sting you.
Posted By: Tracker Tim

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/27/15 03:38 PM

Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/27/15 07:27 PM

Posted By: Hitch

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/27/15 09:17 PM

Just drove Omer the 78 bridge and its flowing.
Posted By: manhunter

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/27/15 09:38 PM

If the City of Dallas wasn't selling water down stream Hubbard would have been full by now. It's about time Lavon and Hubbard got some much needed water!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/27/15 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: manhunter
If the City of Dallas wasn't selling water down stream Hubbard would have been full by now. It's about time Lavon and Hubbard got some much needed water!

The majority of the water being sold from Hubbbard is sold to the North Texas Water District aka Lake Lavon.
Lavon has also been getting water from Jim Chapman and Tawakoni via Lake Fork.

Re: Lavon will be in flood stage - 04/27/15 10:32 PM

1100 CFS from Lavon, and a release from Cooper. Water coming to Hubbard, and where does Cooper feed? TWok?

http://www.nbcdfw.com/weather/stories/La...-301459331.html
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum