Texas Fishing Forum

Camelot Bell

Posted By: RumbleFish5

Camelot Bell - 04/24/15 07:29 PM

Earlier this week I was fortunate enough to be able to fish the famous Camelot Bell and what a trip it was! I had an unbelievable 46 lb. five-fish sack and missed a couple of monsters, one of which straightened a 4/0 Gama upon hookset. The fish were still holding to their beds in the shallow grass, and blue skies and an east wind made for a "slow" morning bite (only at Bell can you use the term slow with two 9's). Conditions changed in the late afternoon as clouds rolled in and the winds died. We found a pocket of big fish as they made their presence know by giant swirls at the surface. And by swirls, I mean Jaws-like swirls. These fish were freaks. FREAKS. And that is all thanks to the lakes owner. Saying Mike has a passion for creating and catching big bass is an understatement. He is a very dedicated man whose goal is to put you on a fish, or ten, of a lifetime. He is truly a mad-man when it comes to big fish and Bell is proving it. Can't wait to get back!

Tight Lines,
Todd M.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Camelot Bell - 04/24/15 07:44 PM

I caught my first 11 pounder out there two weeks ago. Pretty cool little lake.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Camelot Bell - 04/24/15 07:55 PM

Congratulations on a beautiful fish and a great trip!

I had just about got to the point I could sleep at night and not dream of that place, and you had to post that! grin
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Camelot Bell - 04/24/15 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Barrett
I caught my first 11 pounder out there two weeks ago. Pretty cool little lake.

Pics Barrett!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Camelot Bell - 04/24/15 08:45 PM

Congrats. on a beautiful Bass. Thanks for sharing. I hope to get to go someday.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Camelot Bell - 04/24/15 09:52 PM

That's just awesome
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Camelot Bell - 04/24/15 09:57 PM

Where can I find pricing to fish there? On the website it looks like the only prices are to buy the bass
Posted By: Phototex

Re: Camelot Bell - 04/24/15 09:58 PM

Congrats for a great trip!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Camelot Bell - 04/24/15 10:46 PM

Way to go Todd!!
Posted By: buda13

Re: Camelot Bell - 04/25/15 03:30 AM

Nice fish! My wife and I have both caught fish over 10 there as well. Mike is a great guy, its a pleasure spending the day with him and listening how he manages the lake. thumb
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Camelot Bell - 04/25/15 06:05 AM

Originally Posted By: phototex
Congrats for a great trip!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Camelot Bell - 04/25/15 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Bissett
Where can I find pricing to fish there? On the website it looks like the only prices are to buy the bass

$1500 a day for two of you
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum