Texas Fishing Forum

Gotta Love Hackney!

Posted By: fouzman

Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 05:31 PM

http://www.bassmaster.com/blog/hackney-dealing-recreational-anglers

His thoughts on recreational anglers during tournaments.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 05:38 PM

wow that was powerful lol. I wonder how the rest of the pros feel
Posted By: East ex roadrunner

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 05:51 PM

Top notch guy he is one of my favorite elite guys
Posted By: Sooner Claus

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 05:54 PM

His thoughts are spot on.
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 06:15 PM

That was a great article. Gotta love Hackney!
Posted By: Slade

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 06:29 PM

Too bad local tournament anglers don't share his views.... Its also too bad that I couldn't care less what they think anyway I guess
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 06:41 PM

Just a guess that the big names don't mind it as much as the guys down the leader board might.

Several years ago, the Colonial Golf Tournament seemed to stop attracting some of the big names. Why? Too easy (short) of a course, hard for an elite to differentiate himself from the more rank and file golf pros. What did the superstars want? Very long and difficult courses where their skills add up and create high finishes and wins.

I would think the same thing goes for elite fishermen where, if they really are better and not just really lucky, they don't mind tough conditions, some caused by amateur fishing presence and pressure. It helps them stand apart so to speak.

Brad
Posted By: Justin DuBose

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 06:43 PM

He's a top notch guy and a professional.
Posted By: CLedbetter

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 06:57 PM

It always seems like the top handful of Elites never complain about anyone else or blame others for their losing. In my short time of watching, I have never seen KVD once blame anyone or anything else when he struggles. However I get sick of Aaron Martens constantly complaining and making excuses as to why KVD beats him on a consistent basis.

Wish more guys had the patience KVD or Hackney, especially the local guys (as Slade said above).
Posted By: stuntmandave

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 07:01 PM

Great article!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Justin DuBose
He's a top notch guy and a professional.

Hack is one of my favorites. He gets it.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 07:04 PM

If you ever meet him ask him about his hi-rack deer hunting adventure at The Halff Brothers Ranch in S. TX. Funniest prank you'll ever hear!
Posted By: jigging

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 07:30 PM

I live a lil over a mile from him but dont see him much, the few times I have meet him he is real laid back and very down to earth always has his kids with him he even fishes a few of our cookie jar's with his kids.
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Slade
Too bad local tournament anglers don't share his views.... Its also too bad that I couldn't care less what they think anyway I guess

Hahaha...totally agree!
Posted By: NitroUSAF

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 08:00 PM

Outstanding professional
Posted By: Fish hunter 59

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 08:01 PM

Good guy that gets its and that's why good mojo comes his way! Kinda like that good karma bad karma stuff!
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 08:14 PM

That was a great write up on Hackney. If I was on fish and he asked me if he could fish there, I'd let him. I wouldn't leave the fish but I'd let him join in and embarrass me.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Slade

I think you can add local guides to this also not just pro's on tournament day. This was a great read from a good dude.
Posted By: DKennimer

Re: Gotta Love Hackney! - 04/24/15 08:36 PM

Strait to the point. One of many reasons, he is one of my favorites. Common courtesy goes a long way... Only if everyone had that point of view.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum