Texas Fishing Forum

Richland Chambers Oak Cove Motel

Posted By: Lewis Ville

Richland Chambers Oak Cove Motel - 04/24/15 11:24 AM

Do they still have rooms there? Anyone stayed there recently? How are they? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Richland Chambers Oak Cove Motel - 04/24/15 11:46 AM

They still have rooms. Typical "marina motel". Fairly clean, but nothing special. Nicer hotels 8-10 minutes away at 287 / I45. That's where I'd stay if it were me. 2cents
Posted By: BIGDOG1956

Re: Richland Chambers Oak Cove Motel - 04/24/15 04:36 PM

Fisherman's point has some nice cabins also.
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Richland Chambers Oak Cove Motel - 04/24/15 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: BIGDOG1956

Fisherman's point has some nice cabins also.

Ditto to that!
I prefer Fisherman's Point myself. If you come off I45, it's only about 10-15 minutes further to go around the damn to get to FP.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Richland Chambers Oak Cove Motel - 04/24/15 07:00 PM

Our entire Club stayed at Oak Cove in November for the Championship. The rooms are nothing special, but if all you need is a bed and a shower, it's perfect and the people there are friendly.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Richland Chambers Oak Cove Motel - 04/24/15 07:18 PM

Curious as to what else you would need for a fishing trip.
Give me a clean bed, clean room, working bathroom and cold ac and I'm good to go.
In the 25 plus years I've been chasing tourneys, I have stayed in some real sheat holes. Think the worst was wagon wheel at twok- bloodstains on the floor and bed when we walked in....and no, we did not stay there.
Posted By: Brocephus

Re: Richland Chambers Oak Cove Motel - 04/24/15 07:52 PM

I've stayed at some pretty bad ones around Fork... bugs crawling on me, bugs in the sheets, no trash can, no basic tolietries..... I just want a clean room, ac and working bathroom with close access to a ramp.... No diva stuff here king
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Richland Chambers Oak Cove Motel - 04/24/15 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
The rooms are nothing special, but if all you need is a bed and a shower, it's perfect and the people there are friendly.
^This, I've stayed their multiple times over the years last time being in december, rooms are clean, people are very nice, theres a grill at the store that make a great breakfast and mean cheesburger as well, and alot more affordable than any of the hotels on IH-45, they get a thumb from me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum