Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo

Posted By: Skeeter1995

Caddo - 04/23/15 08:37 PM

Going to caddo this weekend never been there before any tips on bass fishing there
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Caddo - 04/23/15 08:40 PM

Welcome to the forum, I have never been to the lake so I cant help you out. But if you haven't tried it, give the search function a shot, I believe caddo has been discussed somewhat recently and you might find some useful information. Otherwise, hopefully someone else can chime in and help you out

Re: Caddo - 04/23/15 08:42 PM

Thanks will give it a shot
Posted By: Ronnie Merrifield

Re: Caddo - 04/23/15 08:48 PM

hey man.. it's a beautiful lake with some good fish. There was alot of current when i went down last weekend, and it was following up a cold front so it was tough fishing. All of the fish that were caught on our boat were from a chatterbait, and those fish all came from casting back 2-3 trees in the mix of the tree lines. Most fish were caught in Hog Wallow, but the big ones were along the boat lane along the U up next to the docks and trees next to it. it was right on the edge of the current. You can launch at Johnson's and just go straight left for that, and johnson's sells maps that show everything i'm talking about. i've heard old folks playground has been another good spot, but i didn't have any luck there last weekend. could have just been the weather though..

Re: Caddo - 04/23/15 09:42 PM

Thanks man I'll check it out I have a tournament out of Tucker's landing this weekend but it's a tralior tournament so I can go anywhere
Posted By: mudd

Re: Caddo - 04/24/15 12:53 AM

Lake is up bout 2ft I'm told and up 8inches since Tuesday. Not real muddy though. Buddy had 6 today out there
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Caddo - 04/24/15 12:57 AM

Get a map of the lake with the boat lanes marked. You can get lost REAL fast if you don't understand the boat lanes.

Re: Caddo - 04/24/15 01:28 AM

Thanks for the info everyone is black/ blue a good color for that lake this time of year

Re: Caddo - 04/24/15 01:48 AM

Blk neon is better. Will u b there Sunday still. Planning on coming out there

Re: Caddo - 04/24/15 01:58 AM

MUdd I will be there Saturday only but I love flippin senkos an and creature baits in cypress trees I've heard that a good place for it I plan on getting a map tomorrow
Posted By: tx6158

Re: Caddo - 04/24/15 02:15 AM

I will second the black neon. That was my best bite producer this year. I'm a rookie at caddo only been bass fishing there a few years. When flipping the trees if something doesn't feel right set the hook!

Re: Caddo - 04/24/15 02:17 AM

That's all u need to do. Single to groups of 3 trees r better then most also. Son has soccer game Saturday so I can't make it up that day. Blk neon out fishes every other color for me
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: Caddo - 04/24/15 03:04 AM

I use to fish Caddo almost every day when I lived in Haughton. Lots of good memories from there and the "hog wallow", wow, caught lots of fish from there!!!!
Posted By: Trenton97

Re: Caddo - 04/24/15 04:47 PM

I grew up on Caddo but haven't fished it in several years. With all of the rain, look for current. Boat roads in/out of main bayou would be a good place to start.
Posted By: reelswift

Re: Caddo - 04/24/15 09:46 PM

Great bass lake
Posted By: whatley2

Re: Caddo - 04/25/15 12:53 AM

It is an awesome lake.2nd the black neon.
Posted By: Michael Slayton

Re: Caddo - 04/29/15 08:25 PM

find some isolated grass mats in some sloughs look for activity and chunk a frog. caught a ton of 4-6 pound fish doing that in the post spawn
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum