Texas Fishing Forum

MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty?

Posted By: ChanceHuiet

MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/23/15 03:39 PM

Anyone else see this on the Caddo show? I missed part of it. What exactly happened? Apparently he marked a way point and then went back and fished it? I'm confused how that's illegal and worthy of a 5 minute penalty
Posted By: Randy Harrell

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/23/15 03:41 PM

I saw that. I think he must have marked it after the end of the quarter, while travelling back to the dock for break.
Posted By: Fish hunter 59

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/23/15 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Randy Harrell
I saw that. I think he must have marked it after the end of the quarter, while travelling back to the dock for break.

+ 1 that's what happened!
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/23/15 03:47 PM

Yes. Very funny because he was telling the judge that he couldn't prove it. Ike stated that he could have accidentally pushed the button with his elbow. grin

They aren't allowed to mark waypoints between periods. He tried to be sneaky and got caught.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/23/15 03:52 PM

Great show but the penalties are getting a little out of hand
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/23/15 04:06 PM

Didn't watch the show, but if it ended up in being a productive spot, a 5min penalty is a drop in the bucket. Could easily spend 10x that searching in relatively unproductive water
Posted By: CLedbetter

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/23/15 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: UTDmiller
Didn't watch the show, but if it ended up in being a productive spot, a 5min penalty is a drop in the bucket. Could easily spend 10x that searching in relatively unproductive water

In the great words of the Mighty Ducks, "two minutes, well worth it."

Obviously well worth a 5 min penalty if it works out.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/23/15 05:16 PM

Ahhh I didn't know they couldn't mark anything between periods. I thought it was just actual fishing. side note i found it hilarious that when the judge said "yeah actually I can prove it" Ike simply said "whatever" haha attitude much
Posted By: bossman

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/23/15 06:30 PM

IKE, knowingly, intentionally and willingly broke a rule. then when the judge called him on it, he tried to play it off with a second grade excuse instead of admitting to doing wrong. when that happened, I pressed pause on the dvr and my 12 year old and I had a discussion about it. that is twice that IKE has acted a fool on mlf fishing alone.... calling a penalty stupid last year. if there is one thing I cant stand more than a thug....its a professional fisherman wanting to act like one. in the time and age of youngsters getting into high school fishing, he is the last thing we need as a role model for these kids.
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/23/15 06:39 PM

I still laugh at the one Ike was in, not sure which lake anymore. He hit a dry spell and was way down on the board. KVD was at the top of the board. He puts his pole down and tells the Judge with him lets go find KVD and catch some of his fish. He actually searched KVD out and fished in the same area with pretty close to the same bait. Talk about a bent pole pattern. It did help him.

Jody
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/23/15 06:39 PM

The other thing was the judge marked it down, but would not have enforced the penalty if he had not gone to fish that spot, but as soon as he did, the penalty was enforced. The judge had his ducks in a row. And Ike didn't catch anything after the first period so it wasn't worth it...
Posted By: rbspots

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/23/15 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: bossman
IKE, knowingly, intentionally and willingly broke a rule. then when the judge called him on it, he tried to play it off with a second grade excuse instead of admitting to doing wrong. when that happened, I pressed pause on the dvr and my 12 year old and I had a discussion about it. that is twice that IKE has acted a fool on mlf fishing alone.... calling a penalty stupid last year. if there is one thing I cant stand more than a thug....its a professional fisherman wanting to act like one. in the time and age of youngsters getting into high school fishing, he is the last thing we need as a role model for these kids.

Amen
What gets me is all the people saying how great he is with kids after events. If you had your child in the boat with you and they started with the bombs and cussing out dogs, what would you do. My kids are in their 20's and they would still get a slap on the head from a 8ft flip stick.
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/23/15 07:34 PM

It's just the Yankee in him... bolt peep
Posted By: jcartwheel

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/23/15 08:28 PM

As TomSoCal stated, the judge had his 'ducks in a row' and was ready. I am sure that the judge was forewarned about the angler he was teamed up with. Ike's reputation proceeds him and should. And I like the penalties because it makes the anglers accountable. Besides this isn't your normal format. I would fish in this same format on a local level for sure!!
Posted By: NitroUSAF

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/24/15 01:52 AM

+1 "he is the last thing we need as a role model or even a professional"
Posted By: Ole Yeller

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/24/15 01:59 AM

Thats how T.V. rolls, All about them ratings.
Posted By: Lil joe

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/24/15 10:21 AM

Ha Ha! I got bashed for hating on ike the other day on here and none of you other ike haters would come out and play roflmao
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/24/15 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast
It's just the Yankee in him... bolt peep

roflmao +1
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/24/15 04:25 PM

Ike is good for the sport. Brings in a younger crowd that could view bass fishing as boring as watching paint dry... Its all about the ratings...
Posted By: Shawn Mead

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/24/15 06:51 PM

Ike is greatness....some of you do not have a sense of humor.
Posted By: machinist

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/24/15 08:47 PM

Before Ike came on the scene you never saw the "Pros" screaming and hollering when they caught a fish.
None of them ever yelled "its a giant" on a 3 pound fish. The other pros saw Ike getting attention and
people talking about him so they started doing it too. I never see anybody talk bad about Chris Lane
but I saw him throw 2 rods and reels in the lake when time was called and he didn't make the cut. If I had
been his rod & reel sponsor he would have been done right there. The guys like KVD, Denny Brauer, Rick
Clunn don't act like a bunch of idiots and I respect them for that. My opinion, everybody has one.

Johnny
Posted By: june-bug

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/24/15 08:58 PM

I like Ike and think he is great for the sport. If you are worried about Ike having a bad influence on your children they must live a pretty sheltered life. The second they are with any neighborhood kids or at school with classmates or on the school bus I can guarantee they are being exposed to much worse stuff than what Ike brings to the table.
Posted By: Jim Deeds

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/24/15 09:19 PM

No one can deny that he's a great tournament fisherman.

The youngsters seem to like him. Of course, a lot of them also like Justin Bieber, Luke Bryan and Lady Gaga. I get this, in my youth I liked Jim Morrison, Alice Cooper, etc. (Trust me, in 25 years you'll wonder what you were thinking).

Personally, I do my very best to avoid watching him. That's mostly because I don't like loud, "look-at-me" types. I also hate it when I see other pros try to copy the act.

Again, the guy brings the goods - but I still don't like watching him.
Posted By: whatley2

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/25/15 12:59 AM

He does spend more time with the kids than any other pro and like him or not he has put professional bass fishing on the map.I'm not a huge fan of his but he came from the grass roots and worked his way up.
Posted By: bassmasterok01

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/25/15 01:32 AM

FYI, It was Bobby Lane not Chris that threw a temper tantrum for not making the cut.
Posted By: Jay Kendrick

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/25/15 01:47 AM

Ike has got more kids in to fishing than anybody on tour
Posted By: bossman

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/25/15 02:48 AM

June-bug I understand what a kid riding the bus is exposed to. I understand that at the city park with your buddies is a learning experience "with the boys" so to speak , etc. BUT when a professional fisherman is being monitored by another grown man, and that grown man calls a penalty on that professional fisherman after that fisherman KNOWINGLY and INTENTIONALY broke a rule, then TRYING to weasel his way out of being caught, is a sorry SOB. So, with a referee in the boat, along with a camera man videoing him, IKE had no shame in breaking the rule. I understand that if I flip a big fish into the boat knowing that it will hit the carpet, then when the ref says 2 minute penalty, then the proper response should be "yes sir". If a man is willing to break rules with a referee and a camera on board, no telling what he will do when he is by himself. Now with that being said, I hope every parent that watched that episode with their child, had a discussion about it. If IKE was graphing and putting in waypoints during an intermission, is that not the same as you and me doing things on the water during "off limit" times for a tournament? If that is the case then he was trying to "gain an edge" against his competition. We are not talking about a 2 minute fish fell off the hook penalty, we are talking about PURPOSELY breaking the rules to gain an edge and cheat. Then try to act like a second grader in the principals office when caught. Once again, he is a bad influence to our youth in the sport.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/25/15 06:03 AM

+1. I have to say I love watching them on a lake I've fished a few times.
Posted By: whatley2

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/25/15 10:59 AM

He's setting a terrible example everybody hurry and make your kids go in the other room. Lol, are you kidding me. If Ike is such a terrible example then don't ever let your kids watch football, baseball, basketball or any other sport for that matter.What a joke.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/25/15 11:25 AM

June-bug I understand what a kid riding the bus is exposed to. I understand that at the city park with your buddies is a learning experience "with the boys" so to speak , etc. BUT when a professional fisherman is being monitored by another grown man, and that grown man calls a penalty on that professional fisherman after that fisherman KNOWINGLY and INTENTIONALY broke a rule, then TRYING to weasel his way out of being caught, is a sorry SOB. So, with a referee in the boat, along with a camera man videoing him, IKE had no shame in breaking the rule. I understand that if I flip a big fish into the boat knowing that it will hit the carpet, then when the ref says 2 minute penalty, then the proper response should be "yes sir". If a man is willing to break rules with a referee and a camera on board, no telling what he will do when he is by himself. Now with that being said, I hope every parent that watched that episode with their child, had a discussion about it. If IKE was graphing and putting in waypoints during an intermission, is that not the same as you and me doing things on the water during "off limit" times for a tournament? If that is the case then he was trying to "gain an edge" against his competition. We are not talking about a 2 minute fish fell off the hook penalty, we are talking about PURPOSELY breaking the rules to gain an edge and cheat. Then try to act like a second grader in the principals office when caught. Once again, he is a bad influence to our youth in the sport.

I second this!!!!
Posted By: Ole Yeller

Re: MLF IKE Graphing Pentalty? - 04/25/15 01:27 PM

+1
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum