Texas Fishing Forum

Force on Force

Posted By: Douglas J

Force on Force - 04/23/15 01:17 AM

WOW
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 01:21 AM

Poorest excuse for a fishing show I've ever viewed. I love our troops but this show makes them out to be a bunch of morons.

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 01:24 AM

Every new season I try and watch it. I want it to be viewable, but it sucks.

How in the world does a program that bad stay on TV?

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 01:25 AM

Ask Charlie Moore

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 01:30 AM

Though ACM would win an Academy Award versus FonF.

I'd like to hear from some of our many military on TFF.

Does Force on Force depict our bad azz US military appropriately?
Posted By: airforcefishin

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 01:30 AM

I just watched it and that is the lamest show I've ever seen it needs to go
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Ask Charlie Moore

This ^^^^^^ worst show ever with the biggest idiot on TV
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 01:33 AM

I tried to watch it one...didn't make it one commercial to the next....lame lame lame
Posted By: DKennimer

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 01:33 AM

I can't believe you tried watching it again! I quit trying after I saw two or three episodes. The WORST show ever!! I support our military, but this show is unwatchable.

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 01:40 AM

The man who finances the show MUST be the producer and star of this debacle. Perhaps he should spend more on a real advert. producer and less on gimmicky props?
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
Ask Charlie Moore

This ^^^^^^ worst show ever with the biggest idiot on TV

No kidding

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 01:41 AM

Ask Charlie Moore

His wife ain't bad though....

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 01:44 AM

She's the reason he got another season. Even her class and charm couldn't overcome Charlie's NEasterness. AKA as 'chowder mouth' roflmao
Posted By: Bud Will(iams) Fish

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 02:20 AM

It is painful, you want to like it but oh man it is a whoopen.
Posted By: Justin DuBose

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 02:22 AM

Where can I watch the video? I would really like to watch it.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 02:25 AM

Me too!
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Justin DuBose
Where can I watch the video? I would really like to watch it.

WFN
Posted By: 921ELITE Cranker

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 03:06 AM

I am all for supporting the military but that show is awful!

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 03:13 AM

I felt somewhat obligated to check it out for a few years now due to what the military does for our country, but now I'm done.

The more I have seen of it, I actually think it's a mockery of the good men and women of our military.
Posted By: capt grumpy

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 03:38 AM

I am ex military and it makes me want to puke.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
I felt somewhat obligated to check it out for a few years now due to what the military does for our country, but now I'm done.

The more I have seen of it, I actually think it's a mockery of the good men and women of our military.

This is exactly how I felt, until Charter dropped WFN.
Posted By: airforcefishin

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By: capt grumpy
I am ex military and it makes me want to puke.
Originally Posted By: Doug R.

Posted By: M. Massoletti

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 05:25 AM

Obviously you have entirely missed the point of the show. It's not about how many fish they catch or how good a fishermen they are. If you noticed this season they have 2 kids in the boat with them. These kids if you don't know are members of A Soldiers Child Foundation and if your not familiar with it, each of those kids has lost a parent in the service of our country. The point of the show is to try to get support for this organization which give's a birthday present on each child's birthday, holds a 2 week summer camp for them, and upon graduation set them up in a college scholarship program. So instead of bashing the show try to understand the intent of the show and maybe make a donation to the foundation which by the way is tax deductible.
Posted By: 200Hawk21

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 07:17 AM

The show may have good intentions for a worthy cause but it is a horrible fishing show. It was a bad fishing show before they put kids in the show. I support our veterans and my son did a tour in Afghanistan but these guys can't catch fish and most viewers get tired of fishing shows where they don't catch squat. Combat fishing doesn't work for me.
Posted By: NitroUSAF

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 12:36 PM

I am a retired disabled veteran and I will be honest, this show is not very entertaining. I don’t watch it, it may have good intentions and may be for a worthy cause, but I agree it is a horrible fishing show. By the way, they did not always have kids on the show. As 200Hawk21 said, it was a bad fishing show before they put kids in the show. If you want to do a show for kids, try bluegill fishing or sand bass when they are really biting (see what Hank Parker does on some of his shows), but don’t use kids to prop up a bad bass fishing show. I have nothing but love for my veteran colleagues and have donated to their cause; but the show needs a serious overhaul. To the producers of the show, if you really understand the sport of bass fishing and how it can make a difference in everyone’s (civilians and veterans) lives, you can produce a better show; you are making us look like very bad fisherman.
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 12:49 PM

Maybe they need to watch Bass Champs! roflmao
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 12:57 PM

the pretense is good, showing our troops is always a good thing.
However, the entire bickering and over use of military terms and lingo is terrible.
Ret Msgt. USAF.
Posted By: Hammbone

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 01:04 PM

They try way to hard in inject military Operations Concepts into a Bass
Fishing Program.... and it does not work, at all.

Semper-Fi
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 01:32 PM

I stopped watching when every other word was Hooah? Hooah!

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 02:15 PM

The making of the show is out of good intentions I agree and I like that they have brought on the kids of fallen soldiers, that is a class move. But, not even the children can save the show, it sucks.

I feel for the kids that looked really awkward and uncomfortable on that debacle of a fishing show...
Posted By: Fishing Yankee

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 02:33 PM

I agree with many, the cause is a great one. I've donated quite a bit to the Soldiers' Child Foundation. But as a retired senior Army officer, it does make us look like buffoons. Most service members are pretty good at most anything they try; they are just natural athletes, often smarter than average, possess leadership qualities that others never were taught, and a significant amount of pride in the people they've become. I am not defending the fishing capabilities, however, most of the guys on the show are at a great disadvantage by fishing lakes in regions they are not familiar with, having no practice, a limited supply of gear and less than a half of a day of actual competition fishing....which is no secret as it is all part of the "operations brief" at the beginning part of the show....as stated in that brief on occasion, it is supposed to emulate the "ability of service members to adapt and overcome difficult situations." And as a general rule, we are more adaptive in a lot of situations. But the military is also well known for its preparedness.

As for all of the military jargon...most of us like just being normal people when we are not in uniform. It's pretty easy to "spot a Soldier" when he or she is not in uniform, but its not because he is saying Hooah, time on target, reached my check point, or doing push-ups. Its because many carry themselves with a certain amount of pride and respect and don't have to showcase that they know a language only familiar to other Soldiers. There has been a lot of American pride in the military personnel over the last many years and I'd say that a lot of Americans believe that Soldiers have deployed and done things that they themselves would be unable to. It's not true...Soldiers are just ordinary people placed in extraordinary circumstances and the training and camaraderie is what gets them through. Many ordinary people, placed in those situations with the same experiences could do it. My point is that I agree, we all just want to see the Soldiers who have sacrificed so much just be like the rest of us sometimes and have a chance to be "normal." The over the top use of military jargon on that show is not who those people really are, but most likely part of the creator's attempt at taking advantage of the respect for the military and its uniqueness.

I agree, the show is hard to watch if you are watching it for the fishing or even the entertainment and may be best if it were a one time documentary about a bunch of Soldiers trying to raise awareness and money for a worthy charity. But I do appreciate all of the comments that suggests your respect for the military isn't affected by the show.
Posted By: stuntmandave

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Hammbone
They try way to hard in inject military Operations Concepts into a Bass
Fishing Program.... and it does not work, at all.

Semper-Fi

They try way too hard to put Military Jargon into it. I'm out now and the last thing I want to hear about watching a fishing show is Oporders and Hooah every other word. I think what they do is great, regardless if it's raising money for a disabled veterans charity, or the fact they take the children of the fallen out to fish. The show itself however is hard to watch, and it seems the funding that is going into the show itself could be better utilized if it went towards the veterans organizations directly. Just my 2cents.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 02:54 PM

They need a show called "Lake Fork Mafia!"

Put a camera in mine and a few others, and you'll get some entertainment for sure!!!!!
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 03:41 PM

Ive often wondered how to become part of a mafia...

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey

Put a camera in mine and a few others, and you'll get some entertainment for sure!!!!!

U still fish?
Posted By: Patrickmo

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 05:09 PM

How can I see the show everyone is talking about? It looks like the first poster has deleted it.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey

U still fish?

Sure Fouz. Just don't get to practice as much! roflmao
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Force on Force - 04/23/15 08:00 PM

I honestly have tried to watch it but I just can't take the over the top Hooray. I wish it was a better show but I guess that it is what the producers are looking for.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum