Texas Fishing Forum

Night Fishing this Week

Posted By: TwoLakes

Night Fishing this Week - 04/22/15 02:41 AM

Question for those of you who do a lot of night fishing. What are your thoughts on night fishing an east Texas lake tomorrow night? I'm thinking about fishing the evening and staying until 11:00 PM or so.

Pressure is low and supposed to be dropping during the afternoon/evening tomorrow. But, we will only have a sliver of the moon showing if at all through the clouds. How important is a bright moon when night fishing?
Posted By: Clint Wr

Re: Night Fishing this Week - 04/22/15 03:02 AM

Moon has zero to do with fish biting. Do you quit eating on certain moons?
Fish bite well at night year around. Most mature bass are nocturnal feeders anyway, just like mature bucks.
I've logged several thousand hours of night fishing around the country and several more thousand in East Texas. Any questions holler with a text. 903-918-9469

Re: Night Fishing this Week - 04/22/15 03:22 AM

Thanks Clint. I'll try to shoot you a text tomorrow.

Do you think the amount of moonlight available at night influences the ability to locate the lure? My last night fishing trip was successful using a 1/2 ounce black spinnerbait with double copper Colorado blades. It was a full moon. I'll probably fish tomorrow or Thursday evening without the full moon and compare the experience.

I like your answer. It gives me confidence to give it a try without the moon.
Posted By: Bassinamped

Re: Night Fishing this Week - 04/22/15 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: TwoLakes
Do you think the amount of moonlight available at night influences the ability to locate the lure?

I don't think that has anything to do with fish being able to see a lure. They use their lateral line more than sight to feed anyways. Also I've always understood that bass see black and white at night and switch back to color during the daylight hours.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Night Fishing this Week - 04/22/15 03:45 AM

Think I would watch the weather possible strong storms moving in late afternoon early evening. You don't wanna get caught on the lake if/when they move in.
Good luck and be careful if you decide to go.
Posted By: 203 CHAMP

Re: Night Fishing this Week - 04/22/15 12:06 PM

Check the weather. Storms in the forecast.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Night Fishing this Week - 04/22/15 12:26 PM

Tonight may not be the best night, the weather is going to be horrible.
Posted By: RickS

Re: Night Fishing this Week - 04/22/15 12:27 PM

Yup supposed to get possibly severe storm around 8 or 9 pm if i remember. I wouldn't go out tonight.

Re: Night Fishing this Week - 04/22/15 02:28 PM

It does look like tonight isn't the night to fish. So, I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Thanks All!!
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Night Fishing this Week - 04/22/15 02:32 PM

Where are you planning on going? Ive spent over a thousand hours on Athens and probably 500-800 on Fork.

Re: Night Fishing this Week - 04/22/15 03:17 PM

Thinking about Bob Sandlin, Cypress Springs, or Monticello. Thought about Pines as well, but I haven't read many good reports with the water up.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum