Texas Fishing Forum

Good People From Good Companies.....Santone, Allstar Marine, Steve's Custom Props

Posted By: 5Redman8

Good People From Good Companies.....Santone, Allstar Marine, Steve's Custom Props - 04/21/15 03:13 PM

We hear far too often about the bad seeds.

Last Monday, I ordered a couple Santone spinnerbaits from TW and one of them was mislabeled as far as color. Emailed Santone and incleyded pics. Kathy fixed it immediately and sent me 3 replacements and some other goodies.

My trolling motor was too difficult to turn so I took it to Allstar Marine on Dilido road yesterday. Instead of taking my info and trolling motor, they adjusted it while I was standing there and got it fixed right then. They would not even let me pay for their time.

Today, I called Steve's Custom Prop to get my buddy some driving instruction for his new Blazer. Josh took about 15 minutes to talk me through a few things to read and try prior to spending money getting them on the lake.

There are plenty of great people in the fishing community but we often neglect to recognize it!
Posted By: GoArmy

Re: Good People iFrom Good Companies - 04/21/15 03:19 PM

thumb
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Good People iFrom Good Companies - 04/21/15 03:22 PM

Good post. I had my boat at Nautical Mile south of Tyler for an extended period of time to get some minor things fixed. Because of this the 20 hour check on the motor and service was on them.

There are lot of good experiences, if we just look.
Posted By: JoeyC

Re: Good People iFrom Good Companies - 04/21/15 03:27 PM

I'll add to this. I went to Broken Bow for the first time with my wife for our anniversary. We stayed at Deer Creek Retreat. First day of fishing we were having a tough time locating the fish. I called Pat with Deer Creek and he gave us lots of tips about the stuff he had success with recently. Eventually we get to the as far back as we could get into a creek and start catching a ton of fish. Same day our trolling motor goes out and we go back to the cabin. I text Pat letting him know that our trolling motor went out first day of the trip to see if maybe he knew someone who could take a look at it. He told me to try Steve's Marine which was right down the road. They let me walk in and checked out my trolling motor. Ended up being a short somewhere and a lot of melted wires. He got me fixed up and we were back out on the water.

So a huge thanks to Deer Creek Retreat for being so helpful in putting us on fish and also getting us in touch with Steve's Marine which saved the whole trip by fixing my TM on the spot.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Good People iFrom Good Companies - 04/21/15 04:11 PM

Known Josh awhile now. He is a really nice guy. Served many tours over seas also
Posted By: Josh@SCP

Re: Good People From Good Companies.....Santone, Allstar Marine, Steve's Custom Props - 04/21/15 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: 5Redman8
We hear far too often about the bad seeds.

Last Monday, I ordered a couple Santone spinnerbaits from TW and one of them was mislabeled as far as color. Emailed Santone and incleyded pics. Kathy fixed it immediately and sent me 3 replacements and some other goodies.

My trolling motor was too difficult to turn so I took it to Allstar Marine on Dilido road yesterday. Instead of taking my info and trolling motor, they adjusted it while I was standing there and got it fixed right then. They would not even let me pay for their time.

Today, I called Steve's Custom Prop to get my buddy some driving instruction for his new Blazer. Josh took about 15 minutes to talk me through a few things to read and try prior to spending money getting them on the lake.

There are plenty of great people in the fishing community but we often neglect to recognize it!

Glad to help, let us know if you need anything else.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum