Texas Fishing Forum

Question about tournament fishing

Posted By: spacejunkie

Question about tournament fishing - 04/20/15 08:30 PM

I'm fishing an "hourly" tournament next month on Fork and am looking for answers to solve a question I have about pre-fishing. I already know the three main areas I am going to fish so do I need to pre-fish and possible stick a money fish a day before the tournament starts? Or do I stay at the lodge and make sure everything is rigged the way I want the day before? It is a three day tournament so I'm thinking I have time to scout during the tournament and not take any chances. What would you do?
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Question about tournament fishing - 04/20/15 08:32 PM

Go to other areas you don't plan to fish in the tournament and shank other peoples fish!
stir
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Question about tournament fishing - 04/20/15 08:35 PM

Now that is something I had not thought about. roflmao
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Question about tournament fishing - 04/20/15 08:38 PM

On FORK,,,, fish your areas, if you can catch fish there the day before ........ you'll be able to catch fish there tournament day. Just don't stay on the spots all day.
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Question about tournament fishing - 04/20/15 08:45 PM

Go fish and don't worry about it
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Question about tournament fishing - 04/20/15 08:47 PM

If you know where you are going to fish for sure then you should be fine. But conditions could change where the fish will be. I would use the practice time you have to see what else is out there.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Question about tournament fishing - 04/20/15 08:48 PM

If you're not pre-fishing it, assume someone else is. Go to a mix of spots for 'backup'. Also find some groups of slot fish and go crazy. You never know if the school will have one or two stragglers, if you can I ignite, you may be able to use it to your advantage.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Question about tournament fishing - 04/20/15 09:22 PM

If you know how to rig up you can fish and not stick the fish. You need to be on the water making sure each spot is holding fish then move on to the next spot.
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: Question about tournament fishing - 04/20/15 09:55 PM

Fork fish bite twice
Posted By: rodiebob

Re: Question about tournament fishing - 04/21/15 12:27 AM

I would hitem, at least look. make note of wind direction,if this time of year, what if cold front, where they might go, stage, is the bait moving out, in...I want a many questions answered without beating the fish up..With watertime you can start to spot on spot em, refine technique, Then gtho, and find more..never enough spots..
Posted By: Fish hunter 59

Re: Question about tournament fishing - 04/21/15 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Kent Ellis (AgFshr10)
Go to other areas you don't plan to fish in the tournament and shank other peoples fish!
stir

Now that's funny I don't care who you are!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum