Texas Fishing Forum

Benbrook

Posted By: Verkeith

Benbrook - 04/20/15 07:35 PM

Anyone catching any fish on Benbrook....went this morning, fought the wind gust and didn't get a bite?!??
Posted By: ShamrockSmith

Re: Benbrook - 04/20/15 07:40 PM

I went last Sunday (4/12) and had a blast. Not a lot of numbers but they were solid fish. Biggest was 8.61 and top 5 went 18.65. On the other hand, I went out yesterday (4/19) and fished the same spots with the same baits and zeroed. I only fished for a couple of hours though then the wind/waves got too bad.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Benbrook - 04/20/15 07:46 PM

whitney and alvarado sucked yesterday... high bluebird post front days, not my favorite

Re: Benbrook - 04/20/15 07:53 PM

If you don't mind me asking and sharing what baits were you using?

Re: Benbrook - 04/20/15 07:57 PM

PM sent
Posted By: edvidales

Re: Benbrook - 04/22/15 12:18 AM

Benbrook has so many great places to fish right now,almost all shallow.whether its night or day the dam and baja are producing.Longhorn is also good.Bearcreek has been alot of fun if your willing to hike or throw your bicycle in back of your vehicle.When you get to the spot where you can no longer use the bike just ditch it and hiked the rest of the way you'll be surprised at how many fish you catch.Look for brushpiles or a lone stick or log in the middle of the creeks.Alot of these fish are holding tight to cover,just go slower and be persistent.For me I've caught bass not crappie.My baits that have produced quite well,lizards,junebug color,pumpkinseed,black/blue.Alot of fish have spawned,but I caught several that we're still full of eggs.Goodluck! :-)
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Benbrook - 04/22/15 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: KVS
I went last Sunday (4/12) and had a blast. Not a lot of numbers but they were solid fish. Biggest was 8.61 and top 5 went 18.65. On the other hand, I went out yesterday (4/19) and fished the same spots with the same baits and zeroed. I only fished for a couple of hours though then the wind/waves got too bad.

You weighed your best 5 fun fishing? Gmafb
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Benbrook - 04/22/15 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris Borden

I laugh at that also. I don' t know the last time i weighed a fish fun fishing.
Posted By: Karl Dietz

Re: Benbrook - 04/22/15 01:52 AM

I call BS on both of you! Everyone keeps mental tabs on what they catch! Why not?
Posted By: JMac-D

Re: Benbrook - 04/22/15 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: kdietz
I call BS on both of you! Everyone keeps mental tabs on what they catch! Why not?

I second that, not hard to keep track of what you caught... SMH
Posted By: Marlin Frederick

Re: Benbrook - 04/22/15 02:03 AM

I record the weight every keeper as if the lake rules were 14" and over was a keeper. I track this by marketing technique next to the fish (general bait type by a letter code). I think take a photo of the board at the end of the day on the lake. My photo organization software lets me sort the photos by GPS (lake) or by date. In this way I have a very quick journal of my fishing success.

Of course I occasionally forget to take the photo until I'm home. My garage has apparently produced a new meet of very good stringers of fish. grin
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Benbrook - 04/22/15 02:12 AM

Nothing to see or catch at benbrook go on to worth and eagle mt. Lol
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Benbrook - 04/22/15 02:18 AM

Someone must be having a bad spring
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Benbrook - 04/22/15 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: kdietz

No not everybody
Posted By: chevy2011

Re: Benbrook - 04/22/15 06:43 PM

How is the water color on the East side, by the bluff? Has the water level come up much with this rain?
Posted By: lunkerloser

Re: Benbrook - 04/22/15 09:36 PM

water coming up because they are pumping water into it. It won't last long

Re: Benbrook - 04/22/15 10:25 PM

bang
Here's the link. Who said I was fun fishing?

http://www.cleburnebassclub.com/5.html
Posted By: Lannie Robertson

Re: Benbrook - 04/22/15 11:16 PM

bang
Here's the link. Who said I was fun fishing?

http://www.cleburnebassclub.com/5.html

Saw you putting it on the scales, we were weighing in across from yall, was wondering what it weighed...Congrats!
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: Benbrook - 04/22/15 11:31 PM

Get out. This ridiculousness is destroying this forum. No one wants to read that. Keep your pointless, hurtful comments to yourself and grow up. Thanks.

And turns out he was in a tournament, so who is the dumb one now? "GMAB"
Posted By: bigbass87

Re: Benbrook - 04/23/15 12:54 AM

Man Benbrook is right in my back yard and that lake kicks my butt just about every time I go. I've almost stopped going, but I'm determined to figure it out lol.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Benbrook - 04/23/15 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Get out. This ridiculousness is destroying this forum. No one wants to read that. Keep your pointless, hurtful comments to yourself and grow up. Thanks.

I thought it was amusing. Lol
Posted By: edvidales

Re: Benbrook - 04/23/15 02:47 AM

If you want to go out and catch 5lb+ bass,give me a shout.I grew up in the timbercreek adition and fished behind the dam alot,mostly panfish and cats.Its wasn't long before I learned to wormfish,backthen purplefire tail,purple/pearl mister twister worms worked the best(black,black/blue).I went through the sluggo/chatter box stage(redshad).favorite creeks,mustang&Bear.I didn't start fishing the Dam till about 8 years ago.A good place to catch BigFish all yearlong,even in the winter.Night fishing is my hobby now,less pressure and Bigger fish Consistanly.11:30pm to 12:30am.Post Spawn is on,but im still catching bass full of eggs.In the creeks im throwing lizards.At the mainlake try to stay in contact with the bottom,rock structures.Longhorn park,cast parallel to the dam and crash your worm or against the rocks.These are just a few technics to try,it took me a while to figure it out.Goodluck! :-)

Re: Benbrook - 04/23/15 11:35 PM

Thanks for the fishing tips, I'll definitely give them a try on my next outing....I really appreciate it.
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Benbrook - 04/24/15 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Good grief. People getting arsehurt over a comment that someone doesn't agree with will be the downturn. This forum is good cause people are free to agree to disagree. You voted for Obama didn't you? Lol I have given more true information to people needing advice than you'll ever know. So you do you and I will keep being me.
Posted By: GoPokes

Re: Benbrook - 04/24/15 03:13 AM

Whatever man, owned.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Benbrook - 04/24/15 04:59 AM

Chris, what does GMAFB stand for? Guess my...something or other? I'm just curious.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Benbrook - 04/24/15 09:17 AM

It means "Give me a break."

Re: Benbrook - 04/24/15 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Brad R
It means "Give me a break."

You forgot the F bomb.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum