Texas Fishing Forum

AMON CARTER RAMP

Posted By: jimmye123

AMON CARTER RAMP - 04/20/15 07:07 PM

I need accurate info on ramp and tunnel information, as of now, usable? We have a couples tournament there sunday, have not had time to ck it out myself, don't want everyone to show up and not be usable. .
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: AMON CARTER RAMP - 04/20/15 07:19 PM

Selma is fine! Tunnel is passable! Should be 3.5 ft of water in the tunnel
Posted By: txfsh

Re: AMON CARTER RAMP - 04/20/15 09:22 PM

I just came from there today. The ramp at Selma is usable but very shallow. You will have to go out pretty far to get your boat off. It will take two people. I saw one guy back his trailer off the bank and didn't have any problems but I'm not sure he was supposed to do that. The tunnel is passable but shallow, just be careful.
Posted By: GRUMPS

Re: AMON CARTER RAMP - 04/20/15 10:44 PM

Used Selma today 21' bass boat. Unloaded and loaded by myself but had to wear knee high boots to stay dry. I would stay to the right sided of the ramp as well. Tunnel is passable but saw 1.8' on depth finder as I passed through. Was trimmed way up with big motor, just be careful. Can easily get through with trolling motor still at this point. Tough day for me on catching fish though!
Posted By: Bobby ihn

Re: AMON CARTER RAMP - 04/21/15 12:35 AM

Is it a open tournament
Posted By: Skeeter_Man1

Re: AMON CARTER RAMP - 04/21/15 03:36 AM

The ramp is in decent shape, i usually use the point just for ease of use. The tunnel is fine with 3.5 feet of water. When yall take off for the tournament be sure and wait until really safe light for when the anglers round the big point heading towards the main lake and new side. Be sure and split the difference between the point and the stumps on the right.
Posted By: Strait1277

Re: AMON CARTER RAMP - 04/21/15 04:11 AM

Ramp sucks. Always put in on the point to the left of the ramp on the dirt/gravel. Back tires barely get in the water. Sometimes need 4wd to pull out though after loading. Tunnel is good for now. Be careful and trim up big motor and creep. Fishing has been tough lately. Unusual for that lake.
Posted By: Chuck.norris

Re: AMON CARTER RAMP - 04/21/15 01:01 PM

Jimmy I was out there Last Friday, ramp is shallow, my exhaust was submerged. The tunnel is shallow 2.5 ft. Just could not find any fish? But then what else is new?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum